trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Games > Elite

Old 23-Aug-2014, 19:42   #121
Scrobbs
Sunnyvale Supervisor
Scrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond repute
A mate has bought the Oculus DK2. Modified his chair to take a flight stick and throttle thing on the arms… spends all his evenings in space. Says it is incredible.
Old 23-Aug-2014, 20:17   #122
Dingle
Dangle, Dongle.
Dingle has a reputation beyond reputeDingle has a reputation beyond reputeDingle has a reputation beyond reputeDingle has a reputation beyond reputeDingle has a reputation beyond reputeDingle has a reputation beyond reputeDingle has a reputation beyond reputeDingle has a reputation beyond reputeDingle has a reputation beyond reputeDingle has a reputation beyond reputeDingle has a reputation beyond repute
"a mate"
 dinglor 
Old 23-Aug-2014, 20:37   #123
Nomad
i fear no midget
Nomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond repute
"modified"

+

???
Old 23-Aug-2014, 21:04   #124
BFH
Fixer of dead hard drives
BFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
"modified"

+

???
Old 24-Aug-2014, 10:27   #125
Dave
Yea, theres a mod for that
Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond repute
Spent my morning trying to do a mission or get the hang of one at least.

Got skewiff'd on route into 4 interdiction fights??
God knows how or why they happen, you just get dragged out of super cruise or warp into a bubble pretty much same as eve interdicter then you fight 1 on 1.

Obviously me being
being the joystick won them all... just! (Literally midgies cock from exploding in the last 2)

In awe of my leetness I tried going to the nearest space dock and ran out of fuel, pretty much bankrupting me from the get go. Doh

Just about managed to warp to where I need to be and ill pick it up again after the gym see whats what.

Really need to print a key sheet out or something, it is a multitude of keys you need to remember, nearly as bad as Arma
 BigDavh   HeinzeFritzel   250 834 764 
Old 24-Aug-2014, 12:26   #126
Harry Palmer
Gun nut
Harry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrobbs View Post
A mate has bought the Oculus DK2. Modified his chair to take a flight stick and throttle thing on the arms… spends all his evenings in space. Says it is incredible.
now that sounds like a good idea

Reminder: "Do not look into laser with remaining good eye."
 Lupins 
Old 24-Aug-2014, 12:28   #127
Harry Palmer
Gun nut
Harry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Spent my morning trying to do a mission or get the hang of one at least.

Got skewiff'd on route into 4 interdiction fights??
God knows how or why they happen, you just get dragged out of super cruise or warp into a bubble pretty much same as eve interdicter then you fight 1 on 1.

Obviously me being
being the joystick won them all... just! (Literally midgies cock from exploding in the last 2)

In awe of my leetness I tried going to the nearest space dock and ran out of fuel, pretty much bankrupting me from the get go. Doh

Just about managed to warp to where I need to be and ill pick it up again after the gym see whats what.

Really need to print a key sheet out or something, it is a multitude of keys you need to remember, nearly as bad as Arma
Sounds like a great time at the moment only NPCs can pull you out of super cruise, but some of them can be quite tough... nicely done though.

Lupins 
Old 24-Aug-2014, 17:56   #128
Dave
Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond reputeDave has a reputation beyond repute
Found a belting way to make a bit of money starting off, the missions give you absolute peanuts

Chango Dock (I-Bootis) - Buy as much Fish as you can

Transport that to

Aulin Enterprise (Aulin) 1 jump from Chango - Sell the Fish (profit), buy AGRI Medicines

Transport that back to Chango sell and repeat, ive made near 10kCR in 40 mins or so, starts off slow but soon as you can afford a full cargo hold it soons builds up.

Apparently once you manage to buy a hauler type ship 30k or so, and obviously have the cash to fill it you can ditch the AGRI Medicines and move onto Terrain Enrichments Systems from Aulin and sell back at Chango for even more profit.
10k per run @ give or take 10 mins a run, worth a look
Old 24-Aug-2014, 18:21   #129
Harry Palmer
Gun nut
Yep that's the starter although I remember something different t Medicines...

Once you get up to a viper it's Acihaut to LHS 3262 with Lithium/Consumer Tech - 10K per round trip - about 10 mins.. dont forget to always keep 10% of the cost of your ship for the insurance payment if it all goes pete tong..

Lupins 
Old 25-Aug-2014, 10:25   #130
Lord Fondlemaid
Colossal Pervert
Lord Fondlemaid has a reputation beyond reputeLord Fondlemaid has a reputation beyond reputeLord Fondlemaid has a reputation beyond reputeLord Fondlemaid has a reputation beyond reputeLord Fondlemaid has a reputation beyond reputeLord Fondlemaid has a reputation beyond reputeLord Fondlemaid has a reputation beyond reputeLord Fondlemaid has a reputation beyond reputeLord Fondlemaid has a reputation beyond reputeLord Fondlemaid has a reputation beyond reputeLord Fondlemaid has a reputation beyond repute
Check this vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLqzCXO8ipE

The guy playing isn't wearing an Oculus, but when he turns his head the display on the screen seems to map accordingly onto where he's looking... some kind of Kinect style motion tracking I guess?

"Who, or why, or which, or what... is the Akond of Swat?"
Old 25-Aug-2014, 10:48   #131
Dingle
Dangle, Dongle.
Dingle has a reputation beyond reputeDingle has a reputation beyond reputeDingle has a reputation beyond reputeDingle has a reputation beyond reputeDingle has a reputation beyond reputeDingle has a reputation beyond reputeDingle has a reputation beyond reputeDingle has a reputation beyond reputeDingle has a reputation beyond reputeDingle has a reputation beyond reputeDingle has a reputation beyond repute
Track IR I think its called.
 dinglor 
Old 25-Aug-2014, 12:23   #132
Rainy
Monkeh Feel0r
Tournaments Won: 1
Rainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond repute
yup TrackIR, I use it a lot.
 TBM Rainy 
Old 25-Aug-2014, 17:18   #133
Harry Palmer
Gun nut
Just spent a bit of time in an Anarchic system cruising and checking out unidentified signal sources - netted 72K in gold in the first 20 mins, then bugger all for the next hour

Lupins 
Old 26-Aug-2014, 16:43   #134
Dave
Just about racking up the CR now, is it worth saving for the Cobra over the Viper?

I want to try my hand at a bit of bounty hunting and general pvp, but ill need to still do trade runs to get the cash in

It looks like the Cob is more of an all round ship, where the Viper is fast and more of a pvp

Suggestions?
Old 26-Aug-2014, 18:44   #135
Harry Palmer
Gun nut
I think you get most of your money back on a trade in, so try the Viper on the way

Lupins 
Old 26-Aug-2014, 20:00   #136
Harry Palmer
Gun nut
Well, just bought a Cobra, was 35K to upgrade from a Viper. I'll appreciate the bigger cargo hold, but I'll miss the maneuverability and speed of the Viper

Lupins 
Old 26-Aug-2014, 20:06   #137
Dave
Aye that was the only thing putting me off the Viper, only 8 cargo isnt it? compared to 36 on the Cobra

The majority of my money comes in off hauling atm, and 36 slots of profit would make for really quick money.
Old 26-Aug-2014, 21:26   #138
BFH
BFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond repute
Out of interest - whats the HD space required to install it?
Old 26-Aug-2014, 21:33   #139
Dave
2.36gb going off the directory folder
Old 26-Aug-2014, 21:35   #140
BFH
magic - ta v much.
Old 26-Aug-2014, 21:56   #141
Inertiaman
Inertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond repute
Space does compress well doesn't it.
Old 26-Aug-2014, 21:57   #142
Ashen
Lord of the Light Skins
Ashen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond repute
In space no one can hear you stream

http://www.twitch.tv/elitedangerous

Quote:
I walked outside and took mother natures load to the face. You can quote me on that! - Raptor192
to Ashen [ash-en]

1.To perform an amazing act without witness.
2.To have the worst of luck when playing in groups, although having the best intentions an act occurs which usually results in multiple deaths, maimings or destruction of property.
Old 26-Aug-2014, 22:56   #143
Nomad
i fear no midget
Nomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inertiaman View Post
Space does compress well doesn't it.
loads of nowt between random bytes scattered far and wide.
Old 27-Aug-2014, 13:48   #144
BFH
Question:

So I buy the beta and they "shortly" (it seems) release the final product (which beta players can download for free) - what happens to my game progress as a beta player? - do i start again, are they going to "reset" the entire elite servers?

Anyone know?
Old 27-Aug-2014, 13:55   #145
Inertiaman
Inertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond repute
It wouldn't be much fun for new players getting intercepted and raped by tricked out fighters with six months worth of gear on them so yeah I'd imagine they'll reset
Old 27-Aug-2014, 14:03   #146
Dave
Yes everything is being wiped on startup. Not sure if anything is mentioned in regard to head start or anything tho?
Old 27-Aug-2014, 14:25   #147
Harry Palmer
Gun nut
All your progress gets wiped with each beta release as well... I think you keep the in-game credits you have earned though.

Lupins 
Old 27-Aug-2014, 14:40   #148
BFH
Ahh k.
Old 27-Aug-2014, 16:33   #149
BFH
Is a joystick absolutely necessary to play? - read a tutorial that said it wasn't and that having one doesn't necessarily mean you are at a disadvantage....?
Old 27-Aug-2014, 16:53   #150
Rainy
Monkeh Feel0r
Tournaments Won: 1
Rainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond repute
You can use keyboard and mouse but it's horrendous. It's clearly never been designed from the start with mouse and keyboard in mind. Even a cheap joystick is a thousands times better than keyboard and mouse.
 TBM Rainy 

Go Back   trickery.net > Games > Elite

Tags
gingers in space, liverpudlians in space, manc in spaaaace!!!, nappies in space, no one can hear you wank, personal space