trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Games > Elite

Old 13-Jul-2017, 18:37   #1
Ferg
Default Title Here
Ferg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond repute
I have no idea what I'm doing

Just got Elite Dangerous for the PS4 and have no idea what I'm doing.

First stupid question:
There are very few galaxy's I can fly to. How do I find new routes to enable plotting between galaxy's?
Old 13-Jul-2017, 20:20   #2
BFH
Fixer of dead hard drives
BFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond repute
welcome to the mad house.

Don't know if anyone else here has the PS4 version but I'd be amazed if the process was any different.

All the ships you get will do "so much" - you need to upgrade them to increase things like available power, FSD (Frame Shift Drive) range (which controls how far you can travel etc.), power,weapons the lot.

I know at first it will appear to be something of a "dark art" but a lot of the "systems" you can upgrade are interelated - everything requires power, so upgrading the powerplant is good.. but big power plants also increase the weight which in turn affects the jump range.

Part of the fun of ED is going through that process.

I've given players a "leg up" financially in the past to help them get upgrades quicker (you know who you are) but as you are the PS4 edition, can't help you as PC and console versions don't operate in same space if I'm correct.

Still - start doing a few missions to bring the readies in, then think about how you want to play and if you are going the faction route, which side you'd like to side with..

We've all been noobs at ED so post up if you need anything else.
Old 14-Jul-2017, 12:34   #3
Ferg
Default Title Here
Ferg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond reputeFerg has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks. It all seems to be a dark art!

Unfortunately, a lot of the missions at the moment seem to involve galaxies that, whilst they're adjacent to the one I'm in, don't have a route to get to them. I guess I need to carry on picking away at it!

Hasn't helped that it's hung 3-4 times already too.
Old 14-Jul-2017, 14:19   #4
Scorpius
Spilling Campion 2008
Scorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond reputeScorpius has a reputation beyond repute
pfft i sacrificed sever Devs and the odd chicken, i could never even get the docking right. i know you can get a docking computer but i got so mad with Ed i just gave up
Send a message via MSN to Scorpius  g1ausbaltar 
Old 14-Jul-2017, 14:23   #5
EvilGrin
my other forum is full
EvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond repute
You can be lazy and use a ship builder tool too.

https://coriolis.io

If you are anyway a decent pilot and can shoot straight. I'd hang around the nav beacon and scan things with a kill warrant scanner. Shoot anything that is wanted that you think you can handle. Just collect the bounties. You can scoop and sell the cargo too.

I'd suggest working towards a Cobra Mk.III and fitting it out for running one of the rare commodity circuits.

https://coriolis.io/outfit/cobra_mk_...ra_Rare_Trader

This is a nice little earner that can fund you very well. Here's a route map.

Disclaimer: I've only played on PC and I am assuming PS4 works the same way.
Old 14-Jul-2017, 16:23   #6
BFH
Fixer of dead hard drives
BFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
pfft i sacrificed sever Devs and the odd chicken, i could never even get the docking right. i know you can get a docking computer but i got so mad with Ed i just gave up
Yeah like many things in life, the more you practice it the better and easier it gets... i can't even remember the last time I crashed while docking.

Oh hang on yeah - it was totally pirate error, landing on a planetary base and missjudging the effects of high gravity when flying a ship that isn't really meant to get you out of those "shit, im coming in too fast" moments.

Go Back   trickery.net > Games > Elite