trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Games > Elite

Old 02-Dec-2015, 16:39   #31
BFH
Fixer of dead hard drives
BFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainy View Post
I had that issue. It seems it can only go into a certain internal slot rather than anyone. I'm sure it has to be a slot with 4 capacity.
Mental - i read it had to be slot 2.

You would have thought that FD would have removed all this stupidity for the testing process - otherwise you are just going to get pissed off players that can't even get hold of the new stuff to test it.

Still - thanks, I shall try again tonight.
Old 02-Dec-2015, 23:21   #32
Beer_Monster
troll
Beer_Monster is a name known to allBeer_Monster is a name known to allBeer_Monster is a name known to allBeer_Monster is a name known to allBeer_Monster is a name known to allBeer_Monster is a name known to all
I found mine at Shinrata or from the patch notes "- For the Beta 2 public test, Beagle 2 Landing in Asellus Primus star system also has all modules and ships available in stock"
Old 03-Dec-2015, 01:08   #33
BFH
BFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah will I'm getting fucked off with ED at the moment.

Have tried every station that I've seen on the FD forums as having this, and tried every size cargo bay I can think of - no vehicle stuff shows up.

To cap it all - I can't land on planets even though I have the PAS - tried approaching with throttle at 0, about 25% attack angle (which I saw in a vid on youpube btw) and instead of entering glide I just get bombed out with "dropping too close"....

I think I must be suffering "issues" because no matter how I try I cannot get the ship to approach the planet, it just won't do it - or I'm doing something massively wrong ?
Old 03-Dec-2015, 13:21   #34
Harry Palmer
Gun nut
Harry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond repute
If you are launching the 1.5 beta but it is saying you are running 2.0, that is a known bug... you are running 1.5 and cannot approach a planet.

Reminder: "Do not look into laser with remaining good eye."
 Lupins 
Old 03-Dec-2015, 16:33   #35
BFH
fucking figures - cheers m8

Guess I'll go back to GTA V for a bit.
Old 10-Dec-2015, 00:12   #36
Belgarath
off topic
Belgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond repute
Elite Horizons will be out December 15th.

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2015/1...iler-here.html

Elite Dangerous: Horizons - Planetary Landing Gameplay Trailer

Quote:
Loot and Crafting, unlocking a world of customization options and adding new value and meaning to every action.
Multicrew, allowing teams of players to assume roles aboard the same ship.
Commander Creation, giving a unique appearance to players’ in-game avatars.
Ship-Launched Fighters, allowing larger spacecraft to carry their own short-range fighter ships for attack and defense.
New Missions and Ships, expanding the already massive amount of playable content.
New Close Quarter Combat (CQC) Arenas, providing additional challenges to prove multiplayer superiority.
And one more thing – we’re keeping the Elite Dangerous community together in the same galaxy, and we’ll continue full support for Elite Dangerous.
Old 10-Dec-2015, 00:31   #37
Belgarath
off topic
Belgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond repute
So, to clarify:

1) You don't need the original Elite to play this? If you do have the original game was there something about being able to gift the original game?

2) If I get this will it cover all future expansions, or will I probably have to pay another £40 next year?
Old 10-Dec-2015, 14:59   #38
BFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgarath View Post
So, to clarify:

1) You don't need the original Elite to play this? If you do have the original game was there something about being able to gift the original game?

2) If I get this will it cover all future expansions, or will I probably have to pay another £40 next year?
not sure about needing the original game but I'm pretty sure you need a "life time expansion" pass to be covered on point2 - and that's something like £150 odd I think.

oohhhh - 5 days and counting...
Old 10-Dec-2015, 15:00   #39
BFH
Haven't you got Elite already? - or is my brain frazzled?..

If not, get it - majorly missing out dude.
Old 10-Dec-2015, 17:34   #40
Beer_Monster
troll
Beer_Monster is a name known to allBeer_Monster is a name known to allBeer_Monster is a name known to allBeer_Monster is a name known to allBeer_Monster is a name known to allBeer_Monster is a name known to all
I grabbed a Gear VR to dip my toe into this VR shenanigans on My S6+, and whilst the resolution leaves something to be desired, it's confirmed I can't wait for rift CV1 to get a release purely for dangerous. The immersion effect is overwhelming.
Old 11-Dec-2015, 03:52   #41
Belgarath
off topic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deceased View Post
Haven't you got Elite already? - or is my brain frazzled?..

If not, get it - majorly missing out dude.
Yeah, I already have it. A mate of mine was asking if it was worth getting Elite Dangerous whilst it was on sale. I wasn't sure whether it would be or not with the new one imminent.

Since they're keeping the universe intact you can always play retrospectively and get last year's now, then wait a few months and get Horizons etc.; budget version.
Old 11-Dec-2015, 10:59   #42
Harry Palmer
Gun nut
Harry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Palmer has a reputation beyond repute
Just looked on the ED forum and Horizons includes the base game.

Lupins 
Old 16-Dec-2015, 12:29   #43
BFH
Loving the planet landings (even though I've had to drop the graphics down as my poor rig can't handle it). The damn scarab is a twat to drive though - slowly getting the hang of it but it is proving to be a challenge.

Tried one of the Mercy missions last night trying to find a downed pilot - anyone else had a go at one of these? Found 3 purple areas on the ships scanner so set down to investigate each and turned out it was either a protected area or i couldn't find anything.
Old 16-Dec-2015, 19:04   #44
Rainy
Monkeh Feel0r
Tournaments Won: 1
Rainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond reputeRainy has a reputation beyond repute
That is what annoyed me, those mercy missions are always in a restricted area so you have to get a bounty to complete the mission even though you are there to rescue the downed pilot.
 TBM Rainy 
Old 21-Dec-2015, 15:28   #45
BFH
Well I saved some dude last night and did so without getting a fine.

I've set my heart on getting an imperial cutter (just so I can land it a planet, get out in the SRV and stare at it for ages just sitting there ) - so i'm now grinding away on Empire missions to attain the dizzy heights required.

Had a most interesting time doing a smuggling mission - where you fail if the ship gets scanned. Was getting interdicted all over the place, often by a group of ships and had quite a time - my trusty vulture is earning its keep. Mind you, payout for the mission was over 950K () - and just as I was getting close to the station - scanned.

Nearly punched the monitor!

Fucking hate this brilliant game.
Old 21-Dec-2015, 15:33   #46
BFH
Anyone not seen it - check out this vid of a dude racing down an incline - talk about SCALE... if you want to feel small..... and falling off a cliff at the end

https://youtu.be/wkoBxUU2c6c
Old 21-Dec-2015, 21:13   #47
Belgarath
off topic
Review please!

What is the range of missions/things to do?

How does it fit in with the main game?

Is it worth £40?

Also, there are going to be other additions included in the Horizons pack, any ideas what they will be?

Chrs.
Old 22-Dec-2015, 11:10   #48
BFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgarath View Post
Review please!

What is the range of missions/things to do?

How does it fit in with the main game?

Is it worth £40?

Also, there are going to be other additions included in the Horizons pack, any ideas what they will be?

Chrs.
It owns.

"What is the range of missions/things to do?"

load of extra missions, search, inflitrate, rescue. A few are also planetary specific so you can't do them unless you can land on the planet - ie. go over there and find this crashed pilot. Other missions you might pick up from a normal space station and the destination may be on a planet at a particular port, so all these are off limits to you if you don't have horizons.

I've only just started to scratch the surface - patches and updates are coming out all the time, and there are loads of "be here at this time" missions and last night I had a "hold onto this dodgy stuff until our guy contacts you" (still not heard from him btw ). That last one is making me a target for pirates so the interdictions are rolling in which makes things fun.

"How does it fit in with the main game?"
Its seamless - as long as the planet is suitable to land you don't even have to say where you are going - just fly at it (though a 90 degree attack angle is very hardcore..), the ships hud changes to show you the landing info like altitude and approach angle then, as long as you are within the right parameters, you drop out of super cruise and enter orbit flight which lets you blast around the planet at high alititude so you can reach your chosen spot. Once low enough, Glide kicks in and you "coast" if you like to the final area before leaving the Glide mode into normal flight.

All of this happens without a break except when you drop out of supercruise. It's something else to fly down to a planet and see a small mountain and think - i'll buzz around that for a mo, only to realise when you get closer that this small mountain is fecking huge - the sense of scale you get with this is well.. damn.

Is it worth £40?
Hmm... well out of the box thats a tough one to answer. There's been one or two people i've noticed on the FD forums saying they aren't spending that kind of cash on this and of course you can't please everyone.

However, if you already have ED i'm sure there's a £10 loyalty discount running at the moment.

For me, I wanted to land on the planets because once that's doable, then it opens up the doorway for other stuff - there's crashed ships to find, and more (read on).

other additions included in the Horizons pack
Yep - not apart from the fact that you can just fly off, land on a planet, then get out in your SRV buggy (the Scarab) and start tear arsing around on the planet (and of course do this with other people), but there are 4 additions that will be released for it next year (as part of your £40 I believe).

Looting and Crafting - there's a taster of this now, as you can mine bits of rock using the scarab and collect minerals that you can then craft into upgrades, repairs etc. for the scarab or your ship.
Multicrew - join another pilot in their ship (ie. those that have more than one seating position) - so missions with that could get very cool.
Avatar/character designing - due to the one above, you'll be able to work your artistic skills on your own player.
Ship launched fighters - as long as your ship is big enough, you can make it your own personal space station by carrying a fighter inside it (and the really big ships like the Imperial Cutter can hold 2) - which like the SRV you can launch, scrap with and then dock back in the main ship.

I think the game just went mental with Horizons so in my opinion £40/£30 (in my case) is worth it for the extras you get.

You'll just have to decide if you want to do all those things and if so, are you happy to fork out £30 for it?
Old 22-Dec-2015, 11:15   #49
BFH
One last point though - it's 64 bit only and it will REALLY help if you have a good graphics card. If not, you'll most like need to drop some of the graphics settings from Ultra to High/Medium/Low (ie. it may involve some tweaking on your own rig) - the detail is so intense that only high end kit can really show it off. However, I've had to drop the detail down and so far on the planets - i've not really noticed a change, except for the fact the framerate increase makes it playable. It stands to reason that as FD are so hot when it comes to updates / patches that they'll most likely make improvements anyway on this front.
Old 22-Dec-2015, 15:12   #50
Harry Palmer
Gun nut
Even with my 980ti and Devils Canyon i7 I have to drop to mid level gfx on the planets, hard to tell the difference though. I think it's mostly the shadows that tax the gfx card.

Lupins 
Old 24-Dec-2015, 10:13   #51
BFH
Seems some of the new missions are borked - anyone carried out a hostage one where even though you rescued the hostages it still showed them as being unrescued so you couldn't finish the mission?

Go Back   trickery.net > Games > Elite