trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Games > Elite

Old 29-Apr-2015, 22:24   #1
Randell
my post count gets me dates
Randell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond repute
Help me get back into it.

So all I've ever done so far is noodle around, which doesn't get me any credits and stops me picking up and playing as I don't have a plan. I have my sidewinder and my Freagle. Tell me what to do to earn credits reasonably quickly so I can get a hauler or something !!
 Randell 
Old 29-Apr-2015, 22:32   #2
BFH
Fixer of dead hard drives
BFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randell View Post
So all I've ever done so far is noodle around, which doesn't get me any credits and stops me picking up and playing as I don't have a plan. I have my sidewinder and my Freagle. Tell me what to do to earn credits reasonably quickly so I can get a hauler or something !!
Graft m8 - pure and simple.

Courier missions and investigate USS's when the appear - stuff you find you can sell at black markets (though don't get caught with it! )
Old 29-Apr-2015, 22:34   #3
Badger Man
During the war....
Badger Man has a reputation beyond reputeBadger Man has a reputation beyond reputeBadger Man has a reputation beyond reputeBadger Man has a reputation beyond reputeBadger Man has a reputation beyond reputeBadger Man has a reputation beyond reputeBadger Man has a reputation beyond reputeBadger Man has a reputation beyond reputeBadger Man has a reputation beyond reputeBadger Man has a reputation beyond reputeBadger Man has a reputation beyond repute
Buy low sell high

Get away from the starter systems, set up home somewhere with a nice mix of economies close together, then do missions with a bit of trading to build up your rep and credits.
Old 29-Apr-2015, 22:37   #4
EvilGrin
my other forum is full
EvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond repute
Go to the Nav beacon in an anarchy system (your survival rate will be higher offline). Get out the kill warrant scanner and start shooting. Bonus points for picking up the cargo and running it back to the local pirate enclave.
Old 29-Apr-2015, 23:06   #5
Belgarath
totally topical
Belgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond repute
Pick a mission from the Bulletin Board that takes your fancy and pays well.
Old 30-Apr-2015, 18:01   #6
Randell
Randell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond repute
Hmm OK thanks, so it is just graft. Is it me are do the missions now pay better than in beta?
 Randell 
Old 30-Apr-2015, 19:28   #7
Belgarath
totally topical
Belgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond repute
There's a big update in a couple of weeks where they're revamping the mission structure - hopefully should add more depth and interest as you advance.
Old 01-May-2015, 00:35   #8
Randell
Cool. Now I have a hotas and have set up freetracknoir I want to actually progress.
 Randell 
Old 01-May-2015, 06:18   #9
Beer_Monster
troll
Beer_Monster is a name known to allBeer_Monster is a name known to allBeer_Monster is a name known to allBeer_Monster is a name known to allBeer_Monster is a name known to allBeer_Monster is a name known to all
Grind to get an Cobra then T6 and things will get better from there.

I believe you can wing up on trading routes and somehow share the profits, but I haven't tried this and not sure of the percentages, but if you wing up with a guy who's making serious credits, even a small percentage share will make a huge difference early in your elite career.

Don't forget Community Goals, there's serious credits to be made on completion.
Old 01-May-2015, 09:05   #10
BFH
BFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer_Monster View Post
Grind to get an Cobra then T6 and things will get better from there.

I believe you can wing up on trading routes and somehow share the profits, but I haven't tried this and not sure of the percentages, but if you wing up with a guy who's making serious credits, even a small percentage share will make a huge difference early in your elite career.

Don't forget Community Goals, there's serious credits to be made on completion.
agreed.

Shifting 4 tons of scrap at 300cr per ton is pointless.

Shifting 100+ tons in a type 6 for 10K is little more like it - though if you have the cash to spend on a type 6, dealing in scrap is probably not high on your list. If/when you get a type 6 to fill it to the make and make the most profits (ie. by buying/selling high value stuff), you are going to need a good chunk of spare cash - I shifted 104 tons of palladium the other day - which cost me about 1.5 million CR to buy. But yeah all of the above is correct - once you get a cobra (or type 6 after that), things become much when it comes to making some serious cash.
Old 01-May-2015, 09:06   #11
BFH
Quote:
...freetracknoir I want to actually progress.
Not used facetracknoir - any good?
Old 30-May-2015, 23:19   #12
Randell
Its OK, works well with the PSEye. need to fiddle with the reaction curves, as I'm currently in an adder its not much use at the moment due to no decent vision!
 Randell 
Old 30-May-2015, 23:43   #13
BFH
Quote:
Its OK, works well with the PSEye. need to fiddle with the reaction curves, as I'm currently in an adder its not much use at the moment due to no decent vision!
tried it but tbh it was a little flakey - not sure if it was my camera (twas a shitty rice paper thing) or something else but still cool to see the viewport move as a turned my head.
Old 04-Jun-2015, 23:21   #14
Randell
increasing the smoothing from 1 to at least 5 has improved it a lot. that number represents the number of samples it takes before reacting, so its al ot less twitchy now i've increased that number.
 Randell 

Go Back   trickery.net > Games > Elite