trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Games > Far Cry

Old 28-Oct-2008, 14:01   #31
Sh0cked
founder of the +1 forum
Sh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond repute
You can but then u have to drive quite a fair distance to the bus!

In fairness and im really enjoying Far Cry 2... the driving between points is amazingly tedious!
 sh0ck3d 
Old 28-Oct-2008, 14:04   #32
Nomad
i fear no midget
Nomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by wooly-back-jack View Post
lets look at the similarities:
day/night/weather - check
lovely swaying grass - check
animals grazing etc - check
annoying character interaction - check
horrible ingame menu that shows you lots of pointless stuff - check
find yourself wasting time travelling to complete missions - check
a bed to go to sleep in - check (though no vampires biting my neck while I sleep yet)
getting sidetracked by picking flowers + mushrooms for potions = getting sidetracked locating suitcases with diamonds in and ammo/health.
Collecting the cassette tapes is just another sidetrack like collecting the fish scales on oblivion
[edit] ooh and music that tells you something is about to happen lol

I think this lot played too much oblivion and thought, lets steal this and make an fps!
wtf!

it's based on earth, is meant to be reasonably realistic, is an fps, and has missions and some 'distraction' minor sub missions, what exactly did you expect?
Old 28-Oct-2008, 14:07   #33
pHk
lolzipan
pHk has a reputation beyond reputepHk has a reputation beyond reputepHk has a reputation beyond reputepHk has a reputation beyond reputepHk has a reputation beyond reputepHk has a reputation beyond reputepHk has a reputation beyond reputepHk has a reputation beyond reputepHk has a reputation beyond reputepHk has a reputation beyond reputepHk has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy018 View Post
You can but then u have to drive quite a fair distance to the bus!
True, but you don't have to bother with pulverizing multiple checkpoints along the way.

The only real gripe I have with the game in its current state is the whole checkpoints thing. Some routes are just ridiculous, requiring you to clear 4 or 5 checkpoints just to get where you're going (hence why I prefer the bus).
Old 28-Oct-2008, 14:20   #34
Sh0cked
founder of the +1 forum
Sh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond repute
Exactly the thing is I think the game is a bit of a technical masterpiece it does look like africa and the trees and desert everything about it is gorgeous... But some of the game elements they have tagged on get right on my niblets!

Why must check points repopulate so bloody quickly couldnt they stay unoccupied for at least a day please! and why must all the missions involve driving right across the map to the other corner?! can't a competitor be just down the road!?
 sh0ck3d 
Old 28-Oct-2008, 17:37   #35
wooly-back-jack
Tactical Hider
wooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond repute
yeah I do know you can take the bus, doesn't make travelling to the otherside of the map to complete objectives any less annoying.
Tbh is does get better as you go along but games these days shouldn't start off wank and get slowly progressively better.
CoD4 was too short but at least it was top notch all the way through.
Just seems a bit dragged out and I hate that (as addictive as it is) and I hate enemies respawning at checkpoints/villages etc when you have cleared them just because you made a trip inside the cease fire zone, fair enough have them arrive in jeeps (I like the patrol guys) but having everything brand new when you revisit an area is a bit shite.
Send a message via MSN to wooly-back-jack
Old 29-Oct-2008, 12:53   #36
wooly-back-jack
Tactical Hider
wooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond repute

Old 29-Oct-2008, 12:55   #37
wooly-back-jack
Tactical Hider

Old 29-Oct-2008, 19:36   #38
wooly-back-jack
Tactical Hider
ooh I dont want to put this gold AK down now

Go Back   trickery.net > Games > Far Cry