trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Games > Far Cry

Old 18-Nov-2007, 12:27   #31
dogface
spam tbh
dogface has a reputation beyond reputedogface has a reputation beyond reputedogface has a reputation beyond reputedogface has a reputation beyond reputedogface has a reputation beyond reputedogface has a reputation beyond reputedogface has a reputation beyond reputedogface has a reputation beyond reputedogface has a reputation beyond reputedogface has a reputation beyond reputedogface has a reputation beyond repute
Got to agree with blurr, looks very nice but it is very boring
Old 19-Nov-2007, 11:38   #32
GunZenBomZ
off topic
GunZenBomZ has a reputation beyond reputeGunZenBomZ has a reputation beyond reputeGunZenBomZ has a reputation beyond reputeGunZenBomZ has a reputation beyond reputeGunZenBomZ has a reputation beyond reputeGunZenBomZ has a reputation beyond reputeGunZenBomZ has a reputation beyond reputeGunZenBomZ has a reputation beyond reputeGunZenBomZ has a reputation beyond reputeGunZenBomZ has a reputation beyond reputeGunZenBomZ has a reputation beyond repute
ow i dont know if its been mentioned already since Crysis has been released but the dx10 config works in XP with full-game
Old 19-Nov-2007, 13:03   #33
Sh0cked
founder of the +1 forum
Sh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond reputeSh0cked has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah it was covered in a interview with the head of Crytek he sais something about it not actually being DX10 but DX9 with certain elements written custom.

Something about it being a requirement when they were showing the game because Vista and DX10 wasnt out
 sh0ck3d 
Old 19-Nov-2007, 13:24   #34
Ashen
Lord of the Light Skins
Ashen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond repute
Is that the same config thingy from the demo? Brought this yesterday enjoying it so.

One thing that hopefully will change in future games is bullet damage to surfaces, noticed it while shooting a building which was made with sheet metal. Hopefully they will advanced physics and graphics enough so holes appear and you can light or through the material.

Quote:
I walked outside and took mother natures load to the face. You can quote me on that! - Raptor192
to Ashen [ash-en]

1.To perform an amazing act without witness.
2.To have the worst of luck when playing in groups, although having the best intentions an act occurs which usually results in multiple deaths, maimings or destruction of property.
Old 19-Nov-2007, 20:54   #35
Panther
Not Dead Yet
Panther is a splendid one to beholdPanther is a splendid one to beholdPanther is a splendid one to beholdPanther is a splendid one to beholdPanther is a splendid one to beholdPanther is a splendid one to beholdPanther is a splendid one to beholdPanther is a splendid one to behold
Good game but like so many these days its too short, took me about 12 hours on normal difficulty. Its a great looking game and the cut scene bits are very well done, I did not like the alien ship level though, boring and a little frustrating in some parts. The choppers are annoying as well seeing as they can pinpoint you through very dense foliage, at least there are plenty (too many imo) of missile launchers that can be picked up.
My favorite part is after rescuing the first hostage when you need to meet up with Prophet, I had great fun using the cloak and running rings round the KPA
The Harbor level is also very good and has a very cinematic feel to it, especially the first cut scene bit on the hill.

I give it 8.5 out of 10 as the alien ship level sucks and its too short but then most FPS games nowadays are

There is a nice tweakguide, http://www.tweakguides.com/Crysis_1.html and also a hotfix for ATI cards, see this thread: http://www.trickery.net/vb/showthread.php?t=46363

Last edited by Panther; 19-Nov-2007 at 20:56.
Old 20-Nov-2007, 19:40   #36
Ashen
Lord of the Light Skins
Ashen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond repute
Finding it very very boring , theres just no ummph to the game. COd4 'gillis in the mist' has spoilt me tbh best level in a FPS this year this game has'nt even come close.

the only useful suit power is the cloak even that was implement with about as much thought as a child writing on a wall. Would have been better to have the cloak run down the power twice as slow but have the player carefully pick there way through the woodland careful not to disturb any foilage.

The weapons are bloody dire and feel about as powerful as a fart in a hurricane, why the hell are the enemy troops able to take 5 rounds in the chest but still able to fire? they can take more damage then me on delta setting. If this is so next gen i expect the enemy to react differently when hit, heck I see there still doing the oh you shot the guy in the ankle four time and he dies rather then crawling away.....great graphics shame they sat on there arses with the rest of the game.

Why not implement some rpg still moment say you grab a member of a patrol rush off into the woods, you get to question him while doing so your suit records his voice allowing you to return to the patrol and scare the crap out of them with a predator style 'want some candy moments'. Even more simply use his radio to call surport from the base allowing you to sneak into town while there off looking for the teddy bear pinic in the woods.

4/10 Boring boring..and oh look more boring...pretty though

Can't be arsed to complete it.

Quote:
I walked outside and took mother natures load to the face. You can quote me on that! - Raptor192
to Ashen [ash-en]

2.To have the worst of luck when playing in groups, although having the best intentions an act occurs which usually results in multiple deaths, maimings or destruction of property.

Last edited by Ashen; 20-Nov-2007 at 19:53.
Old 20-Nov-2007, 21:46   #37
Screwy
pump, squirt
Screwy has a reputation beyond reputeScrewy has a reputation beyond reputeScrewy has a reputation beyond reputeScrewy has a reputation beyond reputeScrewy has a reputation beyond reputeScrewy has a reputation beyond reputeScrewy has a reputation beyond reputeScrewy has a reputation beyond reputeScrewy has a reputation beyond reputeScrewy has a reputation beyond reputeScrewy has a reputation beyond repute
i'm currently stuck flyin the VTOL.. controls feel about as responsive as a corpse...

gettin to the point where i might not finish it because its boring me
Cheese on toast.
Send a message via AIM to Screwy Send a message via MSN to Screwy  hughmcgee 
Old 20-Nov-2007, 23:30   #38
Ashen
Lord of the Light Skins
The biggest bitch is i don't think gamestation will take this back as a trade in...sob's offered 1p for bioshock the other day, so if anyone wants a copy i may be selling mine

Quote:
to Ashen [ash-en]

Old 21-Nov-2007, 10:15   #39
Scrobbs
Sunnyvale Supervisor
Scrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond repute
I thought Far Cry was much vaunted for it's AI... surprised they didn't up the ante with that as well.
Old 21-Nov-2007, 22:56   #40
Screwy
pump, squirt
Screwy has a reputation beyond reputeScrewy has a reputation beyond reputeScrewy has a reputation beyond reputeScrewy has a reputation beyond reputeScrewy has a reputation beyond reputeScrewy has a reputation beyond reputeScrewy has a reputation beyond reputeScrewy has a reputation beyond reputeScrewy has a reputation beyond reputeScrewy has a reputation beyond reputeScrewy has a reputation beyond repute
just completed it now... was getting really frustrated at times playing it.. and also bored at times... all in all not a bad game.. wasnt worth all the hype that surrounded it though
Cheese on toast.
Send a message via AIM to Screwy Send a message via MSN to Screwy  hughmcgee 
Old 22-Nov-2007, 02:21   #41
T3CH^
Too old for this shit
T3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond repute
Too much hype and not enough substance, the ending is UTTER SHIT. That gunship level is a pile of arse, you should be the GUNNER not the pilot. The VTOL itself handles like a brick strapped to a roller skate on oil covered ice. The final boss battle is crap, I died falling through a hole in the deck more times that it killed me.

All the things they said were going to be in it were missing.

Like the command activated bullets, either sleeping or explosive, the Korean general who aids you later on in varying amounts depending on how many of his men you kill.
  Spoiler: highlight to read
you just kill him now and that was shit as well, he staggers around with a minigun and NO HELMET so you just headshot him to death

COD4 is better on almost all levels.

'Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps.........it is time to die'
 T3CHguyver 

Go Back   trickery.net > Games > Far Cry