trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Technical > Internet Connection & Networking

Old 30-Sep-2018, 17:00   #1
tGN
spam tbh
tGN has a reputation beyond reputetGN has a reputation beyond reputetGN has a reputation beyond reputetGN has a reputation beyond reputetGN has a reputation beyond reputetGN has a reputation beyond reputetGN has a reputation beyond reputetGN has a reputation beyond reputetGN has a reputation beyond reputetGN has a reputation beyond reputetGN has a reputation beyond repute
BT Infinity Issue

Hello folks

Was looking for any advice. Trying to keep this short. On Friday I had a suspected power spike and once all my kit reset my ASUS AC86U wouldn't connect, it keeps coming up with a PPD: Timeout waiting for PADO packets. Had my old Home Hub 5 so stuck that in and it connects but I am now only getting 10Mbps Down and 0.40Mbps Up. I suspect that this is so slow (compared to what a VDLS expects) that the ASUS router simply times out, where as the BT HH5 probably has a greater tolerance to the connection speed. Prior to this I was connected at 33Mbps Down and 8Mbps Up.

Phoned BT and their support keeps telling me to reset/leave it for 2 hours and they will run resets, so on. They state they can see 34Mbps from the Cab to me but of course that is no use to me given what I can see first hand. This has been happening since Friday and each time I call it feels like they are fobbing me off. To me it feels like something at possibly the face plate or line as I have also switched all the cabling as well as ran all speed tests from a cabled connection. Any suggestions on dealing with BT support or any thing further I can look at my end?

TLDR: BT not helpful after an outage that appears to have got my line running at 10Mbps Down/0.40Mbps Up on Infinity 1. Looking for advice.
Send a message via ICQ to tGN  mindell 
Old 01-Oct-2018, 16:10   #2
NWA
Fish Schnapps
NWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond reputeNWA has a reputation beyond repute
If it is as you suspect, your side of the property line (face plate etc.) then you will have to pony for an engineer's visit. Or phone a friend. You could try buying a replacement and doing it yourself but as someone who has tried it before, the wiring tool for face plates is an utter bitch to use and it probably isn't worth your time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CryBaby
If Rooney kicks a ball at the World Cup then I will eat my underpants
Send a message via ICQ to NWA Send a message via MSN to NWA
Old 03-Oct-2018, 09:19   #3
tGN
spam tbh
tGN has a reputation beyond reputetGN has a reputation beyond reputetGN has a reputation beyond reputetGN has a reputation beyond reputetGN has a reputation beyond reputetGN has a reputation beyond reputetGN has a reputation beyond reputetGN has a reputation beyond reputetGN has a reputation beyond reputetGN has a reputation beyond reputetGN has a reputation beyond repute
Cheers, got an engineer booked
Old 04-Oct-2018, 17:37   #4
tGN
spam tbh
So engineer confirmed that my fibre had been physically changed at cabinet to ADSL/copper. They had an order directly from BT to it but no one at BT can tell me who told them to do it. Engineer managed to stick around while I got BT to re-raise an order to put it back and then he picked up the job. What no one understands is why they didn't see that in the first place as the records at BT side had the request in it. Just typical BT I guess.
Old 04-Oct-2018, 17:46   #5
leady
click here to reset post count
leady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond reputeleady has a reputation beyond repute
reads like a standard misjumper in the cab - glad its sorted

Go Back   trickery.net > Technical > Internet Connection & Networking