trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Games > Battlefield Series

Old 21-Apr-2006, 21:33   #1
mr_o
post count reset at 9999
mr_o has a reputation beyond reputemr_o has a reputation beyond reputemr_o has a reputation beyond reputemr_o has a reputation beyond reputemr_o has a reputation beyond reputemr_o has a reputation beyond reputemr_o has a reputation beyond reputemr_o has a reputation beyond reputemr_o has a reputation beyond reputemr_o has a reputation beyond reputemr_o has a reputation beyond repute
Frontlines: Fuel of War

Highlighted the really good bit

Quote:
"Frontlines: Fuel of War will take players to the next generation of combat. The game focuses on the cutting edge in military technology that will allow players to experience the highly-charged frontlines of tomorrow, today," said Frank DeLise, general manager, Kaos Studios. "Through intense, nail biting, non-linear single- or multi-player campaigns, players will be able to use more than 60 vehicles and advanced weaponry, from next-generation assault tanks to experimental RC drones."

"Kaos Studios represents THQ's increased focus on fostering the industry's most talented individuals to deliver innovative and original titles for the next-gen cycle," said Kelly Flock, executive vice president, worldwide publishing, THQ. "Frontlines: Fuel of War bridges two of the most popular genres in gaming, and it's all from the very creative minds of an elite team with a proven track record of success."

About Frontlines: Fuel of War

Frontlines: Fuel of War is an open world, infantry- and vehicle-based FPS (First Person Shooter) featuring advanced next-gen weaponry in a desperate, near future setting where controlling the planet's depleting fossil resources determines the ultimate fate of civilization. A global war for oil is being waged between two superpowers, the Western Coalition (US/EU) and the Red Star Alliance (Russia/China), and players will be instrumental in determining how the war is waged -- and won. The single player campaign will focus on this powerful storyline as players' execute missions focused on non-linear gameplay, moving their frontline through enemy held territory.

About Kaos Studios

Kaos Studios, a division of THQ Inc. located in New York City, was formed in 2005 by industry veterans of the FPS genre. The core members of the group came from Trauma Studios, creators of Desert Combat (one of the most successful mods of all time from the original Battlefield) and the R&D team for DICE's Battlefield 2. The 50-person team includes additional members from the development teams of other acclaimed shooters, including FEAR, Medal of Honor and Doom 3. More information about Kaos Studios and its products can be found at www.kaosstudios.com.

Last edited by mr_o; 22-Apr-2006 at 02:01.
 Oddbin 
Old 22-Apr-2006, 00:52   #2
Ned
each time i post god kills a kitten
Tournaments Won: 1
Ned has a reputation beyond reputeNed has a reputation beyond reputeNed has a reputation beyond reputeNed has a reputation beyond reputeNed has a reputation beyond reputeNed has a reputation beyond reputeNed has a reputation beyond reputeNed has a reputation beyond reputeNed has a reputation beyond reputeNed has a reputation beyond reputeNed has a reputation beyond repute
Ooooo how long we have to wait?
Old 22-Apr-2006, 01:53   #3
mr_o
post count reset at 9999
mr_o has a reputation beyond reputemr_o has a reputation beyond reputemr_o has a reputation beyond reputemr_o has a reputation beyond reputemr_o has a reputation beyond reputemr_o has a reputation beyond reputemr_o has a reputation beyond reputemr_o has a reputation beyond reputemr_o has a reputation beyond reputemr_o has a reputation beyond reputemr_o has a reputation beyond repute
autum 2007. but its on the unreal 3 engine and will supposedly come with physxy support ( the pci physics card)
 Oddbin 
Old 22-Apr-2006, 02:05   #4
wooly-back-jack
Tactical Hider
wooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond repute
Im not into all this future poo though :/
WWII yes, Vietnam yes, Present day combat yes
running about like a Borg off star trek with lasers, no thanks! (ok it may not be that bad but next gen warfare just doesnt do it for me )
Send a message via MSN to wooly-back-jack
Old 22-Apr-2006, 02:11   #5
mr_o
post count reset at 9999
look at the pic wooly. i dont see no lasers or sybo implants there. looks like fancy tanks and guns.
 Oddbin 
Old 22-Apr-2006, 02:31   #6
Karmic
Spirit of the soap box
Karmic has a reputation beyond reputeKarmic has a reputation beyond reputeKarmic has a reputation beyond reputeKarmic has a reputation beyond reputeKarmic has a reputation beyond reputeKarmic has a reputation beyond reputeKarmic has a reputation beyond reputeKarmic has a reputation beyond reputeKarmic has a reputation beyond reputeKarmic has a reputation beyond reputeKarmic has a reputation beyond repute
At the end of the day the weapons are irrelivant provided they require skill to operate them. I'll happily fuck people up with a catapult provided my target is similarly equipped!
Old 22-Apr-2006, 02:32   #7
wooly-back-jack
Tactical Hider
wooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by wooly-back-jack
(ok it may not be that bad but next gen warfare just doesnt do it for me )
Send a message via MSN to wooly-back-jack
Old 22-Apr-2006, 09:14   #8
Cheason
will post for food
Cheason is a splendid one to beholdCheason is a splendid one to beholdCheason is a splendid one to beholdCheason is a splendid one to beholdCheason is a splendid one to beholdCheason is a splendid one to beholdCheason is a splendid one to behold
I'm with wooly on this one...
Send a message via ICQ to Cheason Send a message via MSN to Cheason
Old 22-Apr-2006, 10:24   #9
Ashen
Lord of the Light Skins
Ashen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond repute
Looks good but again I'm not a great fan of next gen warfare games. Problem for me is they show all this nice new tech like infantry target tracking but they never look into the counter measures.

Quote:
I walked outside and took mother natures load to the face. You can quote me on that! - Raptor192
to Ashen [ash-en]

1.To perform an amazing act without witness.
2.To have the worst of luck when playing in groups, although having the best intentions an act occurs which usually results in multiple deaths, maimings or destruction of property.
Old 22-Apr-2006, 12:45   #10
T3CH^
Too old for this shit
T3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond repute
interesting but still likely to be obsessed with Desert Combat when it comes out

'Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps.........it is time to die'
 T3CHguyver 
Old 22-Apr-2006, 12:47   #11
mr_o
post count reset at 9999
in the same way people are obsessed with CS. DC was and still is a good game and was a benchmark for alot that are to follow.

Im looking forward to what the mod community will do with it. Im sure trauma will do a good initial game but like QW i think the mods are where we will get the really interesting stuff
 Oddbin 
Old 22-Apr-2006, 13:40   #12
Ashen
Lord of the Light Skins
Ashen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond reputeAshen has a reputation beyond repute
The whole stealthed player thing sounds little bit gay tbh unless they make it like planetside where they can barely carry a pistol and 2 clips.

I just hope this is'nt rused like bf2 only for a superior version to come out the 360.

Quote:
I walked outside and took mother natures load to the face. You can quote me on that! - Raptor192
to Ashen [ash-en]

2.To have the worst of luck when playing in groups, although having the best intentions an act occurs which usually results in multiple deaths, maimings or destruction of property.
Old 22-Apr-2006, 13:50   #13
mr_o
post count reset at 9999
ur not thing of 2142 are u as i aint seen anything about stealthed players in the press release
 Oddbin 
Old 22-Apr-2006, 13:53   #14
Ashen
Lord of the Light Skins
ah doh yes! lol so many of these future wars games coming out getting confused <sits in corner with dunce hat on>

Quote:
to Ashen [ash-en]

Last edited by Ashen; 22-Apr-2006 at 13:59.
Old 22-Apr-2006, 13:54   #15
Inertiaman
Inertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashen
Looks good but again I'm not a great fan of next gen warfare games. Problem for me is they show all this nice new tech like infantry target tracking but they never look into the counter measures.
They thought about nothing but CM when designing BF2.
Old 22-Apr-2006, 13:58   #16
Ashen
Lord of the Light Skins
The 360 version is worse, 50 cals can take out a tank,snipers have a lazer designator, surport has a mortar strike and spec ops get even more powerful c4

basicly if you driving around in anything with armour your dead

Quote:
to Ashen [ash-en]

Old 20-Jul-2006, 16:15   #17
mr_o
post count reset at 9999
http://www.frontlineswar.com/index.php

trailer of this
 Oddbin 
Old 20-Jul-2006, 16:59   #18
Pulse
lock my threads
Pulse has a reputation beyond reputePulse has a reputation beyond reputePulse has a reputation beyond reputePulse has a reputation beyond reputePulse has a reputation beyond reputePulse has a reputation beyond reputePulse has a reputation beyond reputePulse has a reputation beyond reputePulse has a reputation beyond reputePulse has a reputation beyond reputePulse has a reputation beyond repute
Thats a really cool trailer, it looks quite good and it doesn't look too futuristic, I mean it all still looks like projectile weaponary etc so it should still "feel" the same.

At the bit when they all pop up out the trench: isn't that rifle they are firing currently a prototype?
Old 20-Jul-2006, 17:38   #19
mr_o
post count reset at 9999
aye im sure it is. need another proper watch. its much like i believed it would be. set in the near future so no real laser weapon type things. there is the chance for nukes but i think thye will be removed before its released next fall
 Oddbin 
Old 20-Jul-2006, 23:48   #20
Robbo
pro poster
Robbo has a brilliant futureRobbo has a brilliant futureRobbo has a brilliant futureRobbo has a brilliant futureRobbo has a brilliant futureRobbo has a brilliant futureRobbo has a brilliant futureRobbo has a brilliant futureRobbo has a brilliant futureRobbo has a brilliant futureRobbo has a brilliant future
That tank in the piccy looks like one from the game Wargasm (which was a damn good game btw).
Old 21-Jul-2006, 00:03   #21
Pulse
lock my threads
Pulse has a reputation beyond reputePulse has a reputation beyond reputePulse has a reputation beyond reputePulse has a reputation beyond reputePulse has a reputation beyond reputePulse has a reputation beyond reputePulse has a reputation beyond reputePulse has a reputation beyond reputePulse has a reputation beyond reputePulse has a reputation beyond reputePulse has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
there is the chance for nukes but i think thye will be removed before its released next fall
I sure hope that there is no sort of WMDs available for use in the game, not even a scaled down one. The arty in battlefield 2 was good because it gave you cover which was nice but if the game was to include something that just wipes an area I don't think it would be too much fun.

I hope if they have some kind of support that they include other things though such as a smoke screen etc.

Do you know if there are definately nukes in the game in its current state other than from that video Mr O?
Old 21-Jul-2006, 00:14   #22
mr_o
post count reset at 9999
there was an interview that they talked about things they were trying like CnC type weapons where u charge up and release a super weapon. but they said themselves that it didnt quite fit what they aimed for.
they used that as an example of what they are working on at the mo.

now that along with what we saw leads me to believe they have summit like that at the mo but that it wont make it to the end game.

but i could well be wrong
 Oddbin 
Old 04-Dec-2007, 01:37   #23
Chef_uk
account shared with 10 people
Chef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond repute
This thread needs bumping
Old 04-Dec-2007, 02:51   #24
BBW
Contains flashing images.
BBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond repute
The beta, when it ran at all, was utter shit.
Old 04-Dec-2007, 10:44   #25
Scrobbs
Sunnyvale Supervisor
Scrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond repute
Just noticed this thread, and the fact they're owned by THQ. That is the problem right there.
Old 04-Dec-2007, 21:14   #26
mr_o
post count reset at 9999
Been a bit lax with this thread sorry.

Latest Vid with some interesting bits in it. some "oooo" and some " bah".

Youtube
WMV (30Meg)
720pHD (164meg)
 Oddbin 
Old 04-Dec-2007, 22:30   #27
BBW
Contains flashing images.
BBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norfolk'n'Clue
Just noticed this thread, and the fact they're owned by THQ. That is the problem right there.
CoH was THQ!
Old 05-Dec-2007, 01:56   #28
Scrobbs
Sunnyvale Supervisor
Scrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond reputeScrobbs has a reputation beyond repute
You're right. However, with Opposing Fronts, I think THQ are the ones behind forcing them to release it before it was ready, hence endless problems with online play, game breaking bugs, balance and even, for gods sake, installation bugs. It's getting better, but it old CoH had only just about got balanced before they wrecked it with the expansion. It's a measure of how good the game is that I'm still playing it
Old 04-Jan-2008, 23:57   #29
zimmatt
spam tbh
zimmatt has a reputation beyond reputezimmatt has a reputation beyond reputezimmatt has a reputation beyond reputezimmatt has a reputation beyond reputezimmatt has a reputation beyond reputezimmatt has a reputation beyond reputezimmatt has a reputation beyond reputezimmatt has a reputation beyond reputezimmatt has a reputation beyond reputezimmatt has a reputation beyond reputezimmatt has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by wooly-back-jack
Im not into all this future poo though :/
WWII yes, Vietnam yes, Present day combat yes
running about like a Borg off star trek with lasers, no thanks! (ok it may not be that bad but next gen warfare just doesnt do it for me )

ditto
When you're young you can eat what you like, drink what you like and still fit into your twenty six inch waist trousers...Then you reach that age 24, 25... your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag - and without any warning at all you are suddenly a fat bastard

Go Back   trickery.net > Games > Battlefield Series