trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Games Extra > Forumless Games

Old 30-Jun-2010, 11:00   #1
Mr_Skiff
Under The Thumb
Mr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond repute
Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead

Stand alone expansion which can be merged with the original Arma 2 is being released to shops Monday!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlXa9...eature=related

http://www.arma2.com/arma-2-oa_en.html

Several new play areas have been introduced including Takistan, which looks very similar to Afghanistan. Thats my online war fix for the next 6 months sorted, all we need now is Benny to release his version of Warfare CTI and its 32 player online war mayhem
Old 30-Jun-2010, 11:15   #2
Envy
my other post is a smiley
Envy has a reputation beyond reputeEnvy has a reputation beyond reputeEnvy has a reputation beyond reputeEnvy has a reputation beyond reputeEnvy has a reputation beyond reputeEnvy has a reputation beyond reputeEnvy has a reputation beyond reputeEnvy has a reputation beyond reputeEnvy has a reputation beyond reputeEnvy has a reputation beyond reputeEnvy has a reputation beyond repute
hardly anyone played Arma 2 or was able to get it running. I wish they sorted the bugs because it was good fun once you get it running.
Old 30-Jun-2010, 11:52   #3
Nomad
i fear no midget
Nomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond repute
wooly played it for 3 weeks before he actually tried to move and discovered the game didn't recognise his keyboard
Old 30-Jun-2010, 12:13   #4
Bleh
posts for a living
Bleh has a reputation beyond reputeBleh has a reputation beyond reputeBleh has a reputation beyond reputeBleh has a reputation beyond reputeBleh has a reputation beyond reputeBleh has a reputation beyond reputeBleh has a reputation beyond reputeBleh has a reputation beyond reputeBleh has a reputation beyond reputeBleh has a reputation beyond reputeBleh has a reputation beyond repute
he did however manage a perfect 360 degree claymore deployment whilst also trialing the experimental bulletproof tent.
Old 30-Jun-2010, 12:28   #5
Mr_Skiff
Under The Thumb
Mr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond reputeMr_Skiff has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post
hardly anyone played Arma 2 or was able to get it running. I wish they sorted the bugs because it was good fun once you get it running.
Thats strange, I've been playing on full 32 player CTI servers since the game was released:

TV2.COM CTI Server
SuicideSquad Server 1
SuicideSquad Server 2

The above CTI servers are always full and I normally have to wait a good 10 minutes before i get a space. Not many people play Co-op or standalone missions, most of the action has always been on the Capture The Island gamemode servers.
Old 30-Jun-2010, 20:39   #6
SylverFyre
totally topical
SylverFyre has much to be proud ofSylverFyre has much to be proud ofSylverFyre has much to be proud ofSylverFyre has much to be proud ofSylverFyre has much to be proud ofSylverFyre has much to be proud ofSylverFyre has much to be proud ofSylverFyre has much to be proud of
Arma2 has been my main game for the last 6 months - not that that means I play a lot, but I've never thought that there was no-one playing!

I reckon anyone who still thinks it's majorly bug ridden hasn't paid attention since last October
Old 30-Jun-2010, 22:52   #7
Randell
my post count gets me dates
Randell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond reputeRandell has a reputation beyond repute
good I'l have to dig it out
 Randell 
Old 01-Jul-2010, 07:45   #8
Mr_Skiff
Under The Thumb
It's not one of these games you can just pickup and play, it takes a while to learn all the keys and procedures with the different game modes. When I first played CTI I was swearing blind that there was a bug where I could not purchase units, it turns out our Comms centre had just been flattened by a Katusha strike so no one was going to be buying anything anywhere in the field

What game mode\servers do you play on Sylverfyre?
Old 01-Jul-2010, 12:08   #9
Envy
Envy has a reputation beyond reputeEnvy has a reputation beyond reputeEnvy has a reputation beyond reputeEnvy has a reputation beyond reputeEnvy has a reputation beyond reputeEnvy has a reputation beyond reputeEnvy has a reputation beyond reputeEnvy has a reputation beyond reputeEnvy has a reputation beyond reputeEnvy has a reputation beyond reputeEnvy has a reputation beyond repute
Well i started playing it again since i got my track ir 5 for il2. It's wierd being able to look about just by turning your head but it helps heaps! I'm still thinking about getting this addon but not for the RRP they've set... i'll wait till it goes down in price
Old 01-Jul-2010, 12:15   #10
Nomad
i fear no midget
Nomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond reputeNomad has a reputation beyond repute
but surely if you turn your head to the left say, you than have to peek to your right at the same time to be able to see the monitor showing the view to the left... ?
Old 01-Jul-2010, 12:33   #11
Envy
Nah man - you can set the sensitivity. I can look over my left/shoulder (ingame) just by look at the edge of my monitor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wXx3vMy_AQ

Just had a look at the website.... it's out now.... must resist! They also released another patch for Arma 2 which i'm currently downloading.
Old 01-Jul-2010, 12:59   #12
Mr_Skiff
Under The Thumb
Its only 17.99, I'm picking mine up tomorrow morning and then gonna fake illness at about lunchtime

There quite a few changes with patch 1.07, the Anti-Air Radar is a buildable structure in CTI now, so you can see where that pesky chopper is sniping all your vehicles from.
Old 01-Jul-2010, 14:31   #13
Envy
just been trying 1.07 now. seems like they managed to fix some of the problems which is a bonus.

Where ya buying it from? can't sniff at 18 buck
Old 01-Jul-2010, 14:51   #14
Mr_Skiff
Under The Thumb
I've managed to pre order a copy from my local Game.co.uk store, some people have been downloading it from something called Sprocket but I think thats only US customers.
Old 01-Jul-2010, 16:52   #15
Chef_uk
account shared with 10 people
Chef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond reputeChef_uk has a reputation beyond repute
This game makes Flight Sim X seem like Pacman. Just isn't fun which pisses me off cause i think its awesome.
Old 01-Jul-2010, 17:17   #16
Bleh
posts for a living
Bleh has a reputation beyond reputeBleh has a reputation beyond reputeBleh has a reputation beyond reputeBleh has a reputation beyond reputeBleh has a reputation beyond reputeBleh has a reputation beyond reputeBleh has a reputation beyond reputeBleh has a reputation beyond reputeBleh has a reputation beyond reputeBleh has a reputation beyond reputeBleh has a reputation beyond repute
Doesnt look like 1.07 has been released on Steam yet, even though they have announced it

If anyone is looking to get into playing this as a team, then im certainly interested in getting involved in both co-op and pvp. I'll warn you ahead tho, i suck
Old 01-Jul-2010, 18:20   #17
SylverFyre
totally topical
SylverFyre has much to be proud ofSylverFyre has much to be proud ofSylverFyre has much to be proud ofSylverFyre has much to be proud ofSylverFyre has much to be proud ofSylverFyre has much to be proud ofSylverFyre has much to be proud ofSylverFyre has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Skiff View Post
What game mode\servers do you play on Sylverfyre?
when I'm in game I'll be found on the Kellys Heroes servers. It's always Co-op games and usually free of nubs. There's a clan TS3 server too and most players are in there co-ordinating and playing "properly". Get yourself known to the clan and you can probably also join in with organised events which is always great fun

The original public server runs the ACE2 mod, but with OA just being released I think most people are playing that at the moment and the original server hasn't got quite as many people on it in the last couple of days.

If I'm on there I'll usually be found in the smoking wreckage of a helicopter or possible camped out somewhere with a flask, packet of smokes and a DMR
Old 01-Jul-2010, 22:34   #18
wooly-back-jack
Tactical Hider
wooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleh View Post
Doesnt look like 1.07 has been released on Steam yet, even though they have announced it

If anyone is looking to get into playing this as a team, then im certainly interested in getting involved in both co-op and pvp. I'll warn you ahead tho, i suck
I love co-op ArmaII and have been talking about getting back into it for a while.
Not got Arrowhead though, there was quite a stink when they announced they were working on that expansion when Arma2 had not long been released and was buggy as fook.
Send a message via MSN to wooly-back-jack
Old 01-Jul-2010, 22:44   #19
Mr_Skiff
Under The Thumb
We need a community CTI game, nothing like blasting your friends with a whole load of armour\air power and arty over a contested town

I'm up for a co-op game as well of course!
Old 02-Jul-2010, 00:24   #20
Bleh
posts for a living
Quote:
Originally Posted by wooly-back-jack View Post
I love co-op ArmaII and have been talking about getting back into it for a while.
Not got Arrowhead though, there was quite a stink when they announced they were working on that expansion when Arma2 had not long been released and was buggy as fook.
With a game/sim like this, bugs dont bother me too much. There is simply so much content it doesnt matter all that much. I take a similar stand with the Silent Hunter series. they are all full of bugs, but the games are still a hell of a lot of fun to play if done properly.

I got ARMA 2 because im hoping ill be able to play something a bit slower, something a bit more true to life tactically - like Airsoft which i play for rl. Moving positions when its safe, relying on proper cover and calling enemy contacts. Instead of running round a map, jumping through windows and blasting people with a noobtube

Arrowhead ive been impressed with m8. Moves you to a desert setting, actually feels a little smoother, and also you can range your shots with a sniper. They are the only differences ive noticed (aside from the campaigns). I'm sure there are loads of other improvements tho.

Ive been spending a fair bit of time in the editor over the past day or so working on various small scenarios and generally trying to learn it. Im just getting to grips with timed waypoints using triggers. Ive had an IED working based on a chosen vehicle, and ive worked out how to call for air support using the radio (although i couldnt get the buggers to sod off).

Last edited by Bleh; 02-Jul-2010 at 00:27.
Send a message via MSN to Bleh  bleh82 
Old 02-Jul-2010, 10:55   #21
Envy
Well I was playing Arma 2 last night on the suicidesquad server and it was a laugh, they've also setup a second server with the new Arma on it, which i'm dying to get now. I'd be up for some squad action but i really need some new RAM for my machine, why has DDR2 gone up in price?
Old 02-Jul-2010, 12:12   #22
Bleh
posts for a living
My machine doesnt run it brilliantly, it seems the game needs a bit of a beast to run smoothly.
Old 02-Jul-2010, 19:42   #23
wooly-back-jack
Tactical Hider
wooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleh View Post
Instead of running round a map, jumping through windows and blasting people with a noobtube
pointing finger at no one...

.... funkeh!
Send a message via MSN to wooly-back-jack
Old 03-Jul-2010, 14:25   #24
dogface
spam tbh
dogface has a reputation beyond reputedogface has a reputation beyond reputedogface has a reputation beyond reputedogface has a reputation beyond reputedogface has a reputation beyond reputedogface has a reputation beyond reputedogface has a reputation beyond reputedogface has a reputation beyond reputedogface has a reputation beyond reputedogface has a reputation beyond reputedogface has a reputation beyond repute
I'd be up for playing more of this, not got the expansion pack though!
Old 03-Jul-2010, 15:10   #25
SylverFyre
totally topical
Play still havent delivered my copy of arrowhead
Old 05-Jul-2010, 15:27   #26
Mr_Skiff
Under The Thumb
If anyone fancies playing CTI I'm always on these servers:

XR Servers (2 Servers which are friendly and very busy)
UK Special Forces

The vehicle radar takes a bit of getting used to, you can only hide behind hills when heli's are stalking you now. The missile warning light is a nice edition though, at least you know where the incoming fire is coming from. The missile doesn't have to hit (Igla and Strela missiles) but if they detonate next to your aircraft be sure to have an "interesting" landing (I lost my tail rotor in an Apache last night)

Go Back   trickery.net > Games Extra > Forumless Games