trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > General > News

Old 22-Feb-2004, 00:09   #1
Heartwork
Hamish McJewstein
Heartwork has a reputation beyond reputeHeartwork has a reputation beyond reputeHeartwork has a reputation beyond reputeHeartwork has a reputation beyond reputeHeartwork has a reputation beyond reputeHeartwork has a reputation beyond reputeHeartwork has a reputation beyond reputeHeartwork has a reputation beyond reputeHeartwork has a reputation beyond reputeHeartwork has a reputation beyond reputeHeartwork has a reputation beyond repute
Segways banned from the 'happiest place on earth'

Disney World resorts have banned Segway scooters from their theme parks and are forcing people to use Disney's own version as the only alternative.
The Segway scooter, a popular 'vehicle' in America, was banned as Disney claim it can't be approved under the terms of the Food and Drug Administration as a medical gadget, despite the number of disabled people who use them.
The ban has angered many would-be holidaymakers as it has severely cut down their mobility options, due to claims that the Disney version doesn't live up to the standards of the Segway.
Although there are some good reasons for the ban -with a top speed of 12 miles per hour, the Segway could be a danger to young children wandering about on the busy pathways and roads that line the resorts.

Source: www.theregister.co.uk
Old 22-Feb-2004, 00:49   #2
Custodian
forum hax
Custodian is on a distinguished road
Not surprised tbh
I have seen several stories of them being banned from towns and other places cos of some poor soul (usually a kid) getting run down.
Old 22-Feb-2004, 01:34   #3
Pulse
lock my threads
Pulse has a reputation beyond reputePulse has a reputation beyond reputePulse has a reputation beyond reputePulse has a reputation beyond reputePulse has a reputation beyond reputePulse has a reputation beyond reputePulse has a reputation beyond reputePulse has a reputation beyond reputePulse has a reputation beyond reputePulse has a reputation beyond reputePulse has a reputation beyond repute
lol ahahahahahah....ive always wanted one of those, all it needs is a great big lance to go on the front of it.
Old 22-Feb-2004, 01:45   #4
Longbow
spam tbh
Longbow is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Custodian
Not surprised tbh
I have seen several stories of them being banned from towns and other places cos of some poor soul (usually a kid) getting run down.
If he can't move out the way of one of them, then tbh he/she deserved it.
Old 22-Feb-2004, 14:32   #5
MALLET
to post or not to post
MALLET is a name known to allMALLET is a name known to allMALLET is a name known to allMALLET is a name known to allMALLET is a name known to allMALLET is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Custodian
Not surprised tbh
what a crock of ****,i hope more little kids and midgets get knocked down,not by segways but by fat ppl running then lets see them try and ban fat ppl :o

Edited by TheDarkOne - no swearing ty
Old 22-Feb-2004, 15:03   #6
JoeChip
forum hax
JoeChip will become famous soon enoughJoeChip will become famous soon enough
Good to know the spirit of Walt Disney lives on.

May he burn in hell
Old 23-Feb-2004, 00:17   #7
Ventral
post count envy
Ventral is a name known to allVentral is a name known to allVentral is a name known to allVentral is a name known to allVentral is a name known to allVentral is a name known to all
Pffft Disneyland rocks, seriously you should go there some time
Old 23-Feb-2004, 00:33   #8
Pulse
lock my threads
Pulse has a reputation beyond reputePulse has a reputation beyond reputePulse has a reputation beyond reputePulse has a reputation beyond reputePulse has a reputation beyond reputePulse has a reputation beyond reputePulse has a reputation beyond reputePulse has a reputation beyond reputePulse has a reputation beyond reputePulse has a reputation beyond reputePulse has a reputation beyond repute
I think i might now that i dont have the fear of getting run down by any segway scooters....just the disney's own brand ones.

Go Back   trickery.net > General > News