trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Games > Minecraft

Old 23-Jul-2012, 19:59   #1
EvilGrin
my other forum is full
EvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond repute
EvilGrins TEkkit Server

I have setup my own Tekkit server, any trickery folks are welcome to log in and have a play about.

The basic connection details are as follows:

IP: 76.74.200.86
Running Tekkit 3.1.1 (The latest Dev build).

To play you'll need to grab the technic pack launcher from here and then select 'Tekkit' from the drop down on the left side. Finally go into the 'options' and choose the build version manually and set it to '3.1.1/1.2.5/Latest'. You'll also need to let me know what your minecraft username is as the server is working in Whitelist mode.

When 1.3 comes out I'll be rebuilding the server with a more tailored selection of mods. So don't get too attached to anything. Currently the server is just there for me to play around with and learn so I can do a decent job with a 1.3 server (get it right from the start bascially)

Last edited by EvilGrin; 18-Oct-2012 at 18:25.
Send a message via ICQ to EvilGrin Send a message via AIM to EvilGrin Send a message via MSN to EvilGrin Send a message via Yahoo to EvilGrin  EvilGrinUK 
Old 23-Jul-2012, 21:24   #2
Minty
T'reet Fetler!
Minty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond repute
And if anybody needs a hand with anything Industrialcraft, Buildcraft or Equivalent Exchange related issues, give me a shout. Still learning about Redpower and havent even started on Railcraft yet (although I cant wait for that one)
Old 23-Jul-2012, 21:36   #3
EvilGrin
my other forum is full
EvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond repute
I'd keep a browser tab open on the Tekkit Wiki.

http://tekkitwiki.co.uk/index.php/Main_Page

Just bear in mind some of the mods tekkit includes aren't always the latest so if you go to the mods wiki/minecraft forum thread the recipes may be different.

There's also a nice getting started page.

http://tekkitwiki.co.uk/index.php/Ge...ed_with_Tekkit
Old 23-Jul-2012, 21:59   #4
Duffeh
topicophiliac
Duffeh has a reputation beyond reputeDuffeh has a reputation beyond reputeDuffeh has a reputation beyond reputeDuffeh has a reputation beyond reputeDuffeh has a reputation beyond reputeDuffeh has a reputation beyond reputeDuffeh has a reputation beyond reputeDuffeh has a reputation beyond reputeDuffeh has a reputation beyond reputeDuffeh has a reputation beyond reputeDuffeh has a reputation beyond repute
I might have a gander, been watching the yogscast videos involving tekkit, looks very interesting. Username is Duffeh.

Last edited by Duffeh; 23-Jul-2012 at 22:04.
Old 23-Jul-2012, 22:58   #5
DoZ
bandwidth bill in the post
DoZ has a reputation beyond reputeDoZ has a reputation beyond reputeDoZ has a reputation beyond reputeDoZ has a reputation beyond reputeDoZ has a reputation beyond reputeDoZ has a reputation beyond reputeDoZ has a reputation beyond reputeDoZ has a reputation beyond reputeDoZ has a reputation beyond reputeDoZ has a reputation beyond reputeDoZ has a reputation beyond repute
I'll certainly come along and have a play - u/n: dozmonic
Old 23-Jul-2012, 23:16   #6
EvilGrin
my other forum is full
Ok added you guys to the whitelist.
Old 24-Jul-2012, 00:07   #7
Minty
T'reet Fetler!
Minty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffeh View Post
I might have a gander, been watching the yogscast videos involving tekkit, looks very interesting. Username is Duffeh.
Ignore those videos, theyre shit. Have a look at Yogscastlalna's videos. Theyre actually informative and explain the kind of thing you can do with this mod. The limit is your imagination though. I developed a fully automated system that grew and farmed cacti, smelted them in a solar powered furnace, and turned them into "pipe waterproof" which is needed for errr.... waterproofing your pipes. This was all done with zero input from myself. Very very simple to do and didnt take much effort or imagination to do it.

This is not to mention my automated Diamond/Redstone/Glowstone/Obsidian/Dark Matter/Red Matter clusters (1 diamond generated every 14 seconds!) that auto retrieve the generated items and deposit them into their own individual chests, or the solar powered Mass Fabricator and Recycler that is fed with a continuous feed of cobblestone to generate UU-Matter.

Im sure none of that means anything right now, but this mod has amazing depth and really has its hooks into me Just a pity they removed the forestry mod, or I might be using buildcraft a lot more than I actually am.
Old 24-Jul-2012, 11:46   #8
EvilGrin
my other forum is full
If you want to look up some youtube videos, I'd suggest Direwolf20.

http://www.youtube.com/user/direwolf20

I don't have all the mods he talks about installed (No Forestry or Mystcraft for example) because I'm running Tekkit and he runs a custom build.
Old 24-Jul-2012, 12:58   #9
DoZ
DoZ has a reputation beyond reputeDoZ has a reputation beyond reputeDoZ has a reputation beyond reputeDoZ has a reputation beyond reputeDoZ has a reputation beyond reputeDoZ has a reputation beyond reputeDoZ has a reputation beyond reputeDoZ has a reputation beyond reputeDoZ has a reputation beyond reputeDoZ has a reputation beyond reputeDoZ has a reputation beyond repute
I'm used to vanilla... this is going to take some learning :-)
Old 25-Jul-2012, 17:21   #10
Minty
T'reet Fetler!
Slight issue..... when you place blocks of lava down (from buckets) they dont persist. They just vanish and your buckets magically refill themselves.
Old 25-Jul-2012, 18:33   #11
EvilGrin
my other forum is full
It probably just needs a reboot. Memory leaks rock.

Edit: rebooted.

Last edited by EvilGrin; 25-Jul-2012 at 18:35.
Send a message via ICQ to EvilGrin Send a message via AIM to EvilGrin Send a message via MSN to EvilGrin Send a message via Yahoo to EvilGrin  EvilGrinUK 
Old 25-Jul-2012, 19:09   #12
Minty
T'reet Fetler!
Still doing it
Old 25-Jul-2012, 20:22   #13
EvilGrin
my other forum is full
Had a fiddle, if its still an issue I'm afraid this is as good as it gets on this vhost (it is in Texas after all)
Old 25-Jul-2012, 20:58   #14
Minty
T'reet Fetler!
Ah, was wondering where the lag was coming from. Thought it was my connection though as my internet has sucked BALLS for the past week and a half.
Old 25-Jul-2012, 22:13   #15
EvilGrin
my other forum is full
Well as I said in the orginal post, this is just a temporary arrangement. I've basically reused a machine I was using for something else. So it's not really ever going to work great. Its in the wrong country and is a little short of ram.

Once 1.3 rolls around I'll get some UK hosting on something that's a bit more suitable.
Old 25-Jul-2012, 22:18   #16
DoZ
When you set up the server in 1.3 will it have EE enabled along with the rest of tekkit? I'm just finding it makes things a little too easy having the transmutation abilities
Old 25-Jul-2012, 22:31   #17
EvilGrin
my other forum is full
I have a similar concern. I like some of the features of EE (such as the rings, the divining rods, the tailsman of repair) but I dislike how you can create a collector/relay/condeser and come back three days later to couple of thousand diamonds.

I will probably not run with EE, but use Thaumcraft instead. So you still get the 'magic' tech route but without the imbalanced gameplay of EE vs other mods.
Old 25-Jul-2012, 22:36   #18
Minty
T'reet Fetler!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGrin View Post
Well as I said in the orginal post, this is just a temporary arrangement.
Oh dont get me wrong, Im not complaining! I havent paid anything towards its upkeep (yet) so Id be a dick if I started complaining!
Old 25-Jul-2012, 22:36   #19
Duffeh
topicophiliac
Duffeh has a reputation beyond reputeDuffeh has a reputation beyond reputeDuffeh has a reputation beyond reputeDuffeh has a reputation beyond reputeDuffeh has a reputation beyond reputeDuffeh has a reputation beyond reputeDuffeh has a reputation beyond reputeDuffeh has a reputation beyond reputeDuffeh has a reputation beyond reputeDuffeh has a reputation beyond reputeDuffeh has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds good, was watching those videos you linked by direwolf and Thaumcraft looks like alot of fun.
Old 26-Jul-2012, 01:33   #20
Minty
T'reet Fetler!
Thaumcraft is in the Technic pack (single player version of tekkit) but not Tekkit.
Old 26-Jul-2012, 08:56   #21
EvilGrin
my other forum is full
Ideally I need a bukkit port. As I said, I think 1.3 will make my life easier in this regard.
Old 26-Jul-2012, 10:20   #22
DoZ
Good times :-)
Old 26-Jul-2012, 15:14   #23
Minty
T'reet Fetler!
Still the same. Ill wait for the 1.3 update before doing anything else. I need my automatic cobblestone generator if I want to be able to continue
Old 26-Jul-2012, 18:17   #24
DoZ
Is that of any use except generating stuff out of nothing?
Old 26-Jul-2012, 18:32   #25
EvilGrin
my other forum is full
Well he could make the server lag. That's not really useful though.
Old 26-Jul-2012, 18:42   #26
Minty
T'reet Fetler!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoZ View Post
Is that of any use except generating stuff out of nothing?
I can make diamonds out of cobblestone.
Old 26-Jul-2012, 19:49   #27
DoZ
Yeah that's the thing I don't like, it's just automatic generation of stuff. May as well be on a creative server in that case :-)
Old 26-Jul-2012, 20:49   #28
Minty
T'reet Fetler!
Well diamonds are pretty low value in this mod. I need diamonds so that I can make much, MUCH better things. Theres a "Klein Star" you can make (Basically an energy storage device for Equivalent Exchange items) that has a value of around 6.5 million diamonds. Theres also a red matter furnace you can craft which is worth around 6.5 million diamonds when fully charged.

Thats why I love Tekkit. It adds so much extra content and you will struggle to do everything that it makes available to you.
Old 26-Jul-2012, 23:30   #29
EvilGrin
my other forum is full
Thats fine for single player. My issue is that because it's a server you can just leave your energy collectors running and come back 24hrs later to a metric fuck ton of EMC you had to put zero effort in to get.
Old 02-Aug-2012, 13:15   #30
Minty
T'reet Fetler!
But thats pretty much what Tekkit is all about. Its about making machines that can automate various menial tasks. I still believe quarries should be banned due to their highly destructive nature, but otherwise Im all for everything you see in the tekkit pack.

Heres something I made in my single player game. Its a diamond generator that generates a diamond out of thin air every 1.5 seconds. Those generated diamonds are then drawn out of the generators and drawn into either an antimatter relay or a condenser, depending on how full the relay is. What happens with those diamonds? Burned for fuel or converted into EMC

Go Back   trickery.net > Games > Minecraft