trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Games > Minecraft

Old 10-May-2012, 14:18   #1
popej
topicophiliac
popej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond repute
Minecraft "not premium" any longer

I've just copied and pasted this from the minecraft support forum. Knowing that Mojangs turnaround on support issues is currently measured in decades I thought I'd see if any of you lot have had a similar problem.

Last time I played the game was probably back in December. I have since reinstalled windows 7 so I don't even have the game files on my PC, only the launcher. This means I can't play offline either....

Hi, I'm sure you've heard most of this before but each case seems to be subtly different.

I bought the game for 16.95 in November using my Natwest credit card. The entry on my credit card statement appears like this:

20 NOV 21 NOV 55700929 MB*MOJANG MONEYBOOKERS GBR 16.95

I have checked subsequent statements to see if it had been refunded again (as recommended in the sticky on these forums). The 16.95 has not been credited back to me in the last 6 months. Ie, Mojang has my money but I have no premium account.

I've also tried deleting the .minecraft folder (which is empty btw). The game doesn't seem to 'install' as far as I can tell. I just download the game client (270kb) from the games homepage and try and run it 'as administrator'. The executable then asks you to login before telling me that I'm not a premium user. There is no installation option and I've only ever had one Minecraft account.

I've had to sign up with moneybookers in order to open a request for the 'Transaction ID'. It is not obvious how one goes about this because Mojang are the moneybookers member with the problem, not me. Never the less I have raised a support ticket with them. I'm not holding my breath though. I was thinking that maybe the '55700929' as seen above on my statement is the 'Transaction ID' but I'm not certain?

Lastly I've opened a support ticket on help.mojang but I'm guessing I probably won't get a reply for x weeks based on the number of complants on this forum.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Edit1: Just rang Natwest, the transaction definitely was NOT reversed at a later date.
Edit2: With regards to any 'confirmation of purchase email' from moneybookers. I no longer have it, I can't remember ever seeing it in the first place and I don't make a habit of deleting emails relating to payments and ownership.

Any ideas? Ta.
"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe... [contemptuous laugh] Titans on fire off the shoulder of YZ-LQL. I watched tachyons (tech 2) glitter in the dark near the NOL-M9 Gate. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like [small cough] tears... in... rain. Time... to die..."

Last edited by popej; 10-May-2012 at 14:32.
 gobrun 
Old 10-May-2012, 14:47   #2
burundi
WARNING: May contain nuts
burundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond repute
@mollstam
@notch
@danfrisk

I follow those Mojang staff on twitter, if you are not having any luck with the Mojang support process you can try directing tweets at them to see if they can sort out your case.

Are you using mojang.getsatisfaction.com for support?
Old 10-May-2012, 15:08   #3
Bilb
Amazeballs!
Bilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond reputeBilb has a reputation beyond repute
Are you just trying to get the money back?

If so, if it was deffo a credit card ...

Call the bank, and request a "Section 75 ... transaction reversal". Explain that the services which you paid for have not been delivered as agreed with the vendor. The credit card will refund your charges and personally contact the vendor to get their money back!

It's all part of your benefits of booking and paying for something via a credit card.
Old 10-May-2012, 17:12   #4
popej
topicophiliac
popej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond reputepopej has a reputation beyond repute
Ahhh ok that's an option. I do want to play the game to be honest but I'll keep that in mind.

I'm not on twitter burundi but that's another option as well.

Edit: erm mojang.getsatisfaction.com doesn't seem to exist anymore?

Thanks folks.
"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe... [contemptuous laugh] Titans on fire off the shoulder of YZ-LQL. I watched tachyons (tech 2) glitter in the dark near the NOL-M9 Gate. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like [small cough] tears... in... rain. Time... to die..."

Last edited by popej; 10-May-2012 at 17:29.
 gobrun 
Old 14-May-2012, 16:06   #5
burundi
WARNING: May contain nuts
burundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond reputeburundi has a reputation beyond repute
Ah yes, so it has, I've not been there for a while.

Go Back   trickery.net > Games > Minecraft