trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Mobile Phones, Tablets & PDAs

Old 30-Jan-2018, 15:29   #1
The Big Kahuna
Younger than Ethel
The Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond repute
Huawei P10 Lite

So, I went ahead and did the deal for the laptop, which basically means I got a virtually brand-new, and completely mint (it's the pwetty blue one as well), P10 Lite for free, as the lappy stood me at nothing.

Despite the fact that my Samsung S5 was a flagship phone (albeit an ageing one), and The Huawei is a mid-range (I think they're about £180 now, so that should put it above entry-level I guess), it's way quicker and more responsive.

A lot of that is probably down to the 16nm processor technology, the fact that it's an octa-core, it had 4gb ram, and it's on Android 7 (8 should be out this month) as opposed to 6, which the Samsung is stuck on.

I love the fingerprint unlock on the back, which is instant, and apps start almost immediately, unlike the S5 camera for example, which took 3 or 4 seconds sometimes.

The quick charge is great, and the Huawei UI is nice enough that I don't feel tempted to use Nova Launcher. The 32gb storage is also nice, despite the fact that I've got a 128gb card in there as well. It's nice to have enough headroom that I don't have to move apps to the SD card, which is never a good thing.

Downsides...the camera isn't as good as the Samsung, but very little is, and it's perfectly adequate. The front facing camera is 8mp instead of 2, if selfies are your thing. It isn't gorilla glass, so I'll have to take a bit more care, but I've never dropped my Samsung, and I don't plan on starting now.

One bonus I've just thought of is the fact that the bluetooth is fucked on Samsungs running Android 6, as it skips every few seconds if you're streaming to another device, which rendered it useless for streaming music to my Sony stereo.

Overall, a fucking excellent little phone, and one I can recommend.
Old 01-Feb-2018, 22:18   #2
wooly-back-jack
Tactical Hider
wooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond reputewooly-back-jack has a reputation beyond repute
get yourself one of those blag leather look flip cases mate
Send a message via MSN to wooly-back-jack
Old 02-Feb-2018, 08:16   #3
The Big Kahuna
Younger than Ethel
The Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Kahuna has a reputation beyond repute
It came with one, which I threw away and replaced with a thin rubber back and side (don't know know what the proper term is for them) cover. I hate not having instant access to a phone.
Old 02-Feb-2018, 08:17   #4
The Big Kahuna
Younger than Ethel
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited by The Big Kahuna; 02-Feb-2018 at 08:35.
 Niq-Scott 
Old 02-Feb-2018, 11:09   #5
[RaG]Ethel
Alfa Male
[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute[RaG]Ethel has a reputation beyond repute
My son had a couple of p9 lites (one is now the missus' phone) and a p9. Although to be fair he works for huawei
Old 02-Feb-2018, 12:35   #6
BFH
Fixer of dead hard drives
BFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond repute
aye - second this.

Bought two of these phones for people in the office and they are pretty sexy for the price.
Bleats For Help,banter from hell,Bold Footy Hatred, Bloated Failed Heart,Blatantly Fabricated Hardcopy,Be Fucking Happy!,Birthday Felicitations, Hunk!,Best Felicitations Here!,Best Fucking Happies,Birthday For Him!,Big Fucking Hangover!,Beautiful facial herpes,Brachiosaurus Fulsomely Hung,Bollocked For Hastiness,bouncing fleshlight hound,Begging For Handout

Go Back   trickery.net > Other > Mobile Phones, Tablets & PDAs