trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Games > Team Fortress

Old 25-Aug-2017, 02:56   #1
Belgarath
off topic
Belgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond repute
Team Fortress is 21.

The original Team Fortress is now 21 years old (as of 24th August).

http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=31954
Old 25-Aug-2017, 05:51   #2
cunning-stunt
Falling to bits.
cunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgarath View Post
The original Team Fortress is now 21 years old (as of 24th August).

http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=31954
Still say it was better than TF2. It was the game that got me into PC gaming. A lot more skillful than CS.
cunning-stunt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-Aug-2017, 08:14   #3
GroovYF
Octave Doctor
GroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, TF2 was/is fun... (not that I play it much these days), but not a patch on the frantic pace of TF (and TFC)
Old 25-Aug-2017, 08:32   #4
EvilGrin
account shared with 10 people
EvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond repute
TF2 (ended up) going in a much more silly gimmicky direction too. I didn't get to play much TF as I was more into Threewave CTF (and the silliness that was Ultimate Quake), but I was around for TFC which was a lot of fun (WP / BY had what, 10 - 12 TFC servers up way back when?).
Old 25-Aug-2017, 11:05   #5
cunning-stunt
Falling to bits.
cunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond reputecunning-stunt has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGrin View Post
TF2 (ended up) going in a much more silly gimmicky direction too. I didn't get to play much TF as I was more into Threewave CTF (and the silliness that was Ultimate Quake), but I was around for TFC which was a lot of fun (WP / BY had what, 10 - 12 TFC servers up way back when?).
Agree, all the hats and shit ruined it for me. It was mainly TFC I was into. Mostly played sniper, and loved the Rock2 map, but hated when medics or scouts would conc jump from the water to the top balcony and kill you.
Old 25-Aug-2017, 11:11   #6
GroovYF
Octave Doctor
GroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond reputeGroovYF has a reputation beyond repute
I think Rock2 was one of my least favourite maps!
Old 25-Aug-2017, 11:57   #7
cunning-stunt
Falling to bits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroovYF View Post
I think Rock2 was one of my least favourite maps!
What was your favourite?
Old 25-Aug-2017, 13:27   #8
GroovYF
Octave Doctor
For league/clan games, I reckon openfire_l is up at the top for me, but had some blinding games on stowaway2

for public play Avanti and Dustbowl - sometimes getting lost in a blastathon as an engie was golden!
Old 25-Aug-2017, 14:46   #9
cunning-stunt
Falling to bits.
Remember Avanti and Dustbowl, not sure about the other two. Loved Epicenter which I don't think got played that much? I played a lot of sniper servers and the Hunted was great fun.
Old 25-Aug-2017, 15:00   #10
GroovYF
Octave Doctor
Epi was like a Counter Strike map if I recall. Quite large! Had some fun on it though.
Ah... the good ol' days
Old 25-Aug-2017, 15:20   #11
EvilGrin
account shared with 10 people
EvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond reputeEvilGrin has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cunning-stunt View Post
What was your favourite?
None of the original TFC maps were awful as for the most part they were Valves take on the best TF community maps. e.g. well, rock2, 2forts, etc all existed as QWTF maps, sometimes as multiple variants. At the time, I loved the fact that we could play the old QWTF maps in the new shiny HL engine. These maps are still in TF2 they are that good.
Old 25-Aug-2017, 23:36   #12
Sid
postaholic
Sid has a reputation beyond reputeSid has a reputation beyond reputeSid has a reputation beyond reputeSid has a reputation beyond reputeSid has a reputation beyond reputeSid has a reputation beyond reputeSid has a reputation beyond reputeSid has a reputation beyond reputeSid has a reputation beyond reputeSid has a reputation beyond reputeSid has a reputation beyond repute
Hunted! The umbrella kills, fantastic times. We should do it again one time.

Dustbowl for me on a public server, or Well.

Openfire too for league play, grenade jumping as a spy to get behind the lasers.
Old 26-Aug-2017, 06:04   #13
cunning-stunt
Falling to bits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid View Post

Openfire too for league play, grenade jumping as a spy to get behind the lasers.
Nice to see you still lurking Sid!
Old 04-Sep-2017, 18:55   #14
Hulkeh
forum hax
Hulkeh will become famous soon enoughHulkeh will become famous soon enough
Monkey_l was the best map surely
Old 04-Sep-2017, 19:28   #15
cunning-stunt
Falling to bits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulkeh View Post
Monkey_l was the best map surely
Blast from the past Hulkeh, still lurking?
Old 05-Sep-2017, 10:43   #16
GroovYF
Octave Doctor
Yeah, monkey was a frantic map to play!
Old 05-Sep-2017, 11:26   #17
cunning-stunt
Falling to bits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroovYF View Post
Yeah, monkey was a frantic map to play!
With Belgarath making this thread, it reminded me of all the screenshots you and a few others would post for FF. There was one with a FF update of Monkey_1. It's a pity FF came out at the same time as TF2, as I was really looking forward to it.
Old 05-Sep-2017, 14:51   #18
Belgarath
off topic
Belgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond reputeBelgarath has a reputation beyond repute
As I recall, they kept tinkering with FF, saying they wanted it to be perfect when they released it. Then they suddenly realised that TF2 was imminent and rushed it out about a month before. If they'd released it a year earlier it might have made more of an impact and got more of a foothold.
Old 06-Sep-2017, 12:29   #19
BFH
Fixer of dead hard drives
BFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond reputeBFH has a reputation beyond repute
fond memories of camping as a dead spy, and the best - using the medic to infect the other team.
Bleats For Help,banter from hell,Bold Footy Hatred, Bloated Failed Heart,Blatantly Fabricated Hardcopy,Be Fucking Happy!,Birthday Felicitations, Hunk!,Best Felicitations Here!,Best Fucking Happies,Birthday For Him!,Big Fucking Hangover!,Beautiful facial herpes,Brachiosaurus Fulsomely Hung,Bollocked For Hastiness,bouncing fleshlight hound,Begging For Handout
Old 08-Sep-2017, 08:45   #20
The Dark One
meh
The Dark One has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dark One has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dark One has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dark One has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dark One has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dark One has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dark One has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dark One has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dark One has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dark One has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dark One has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid View Post

Sounds like we need a Trickery TFC night
Old 06-Dec-2017, 23:55   #21
D-VoiD
old git
D-VoiD has disabled reputation
wonder if it will install on this lappy ...

Go Back   trickery.net > Games > Team Fortress