trickery.net  

Go Back   trickery.net > Games Extra > Consoles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-Feb-2013, 11:20   #1
*XeR0x*
Eyebrows
*XeR0x*'s Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Leeds
Tournaments Won: 1
Posts: 8,626
*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute
Playstation 4

Sony are inviting people to see "the future" of Playstation on 20th Feb. I've heard loads of rumours around specs of the PS4 recently too.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/01/31/s...0-playstation/



Thoughts?
__________________
Can I play this on a Mac?
*XeR0x* is offline  
 ZooProject   Langdale 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-Feb-2013, 14:02   #2
devs
Devtard Strikes Again
devs's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Purley
Tournaments Won: 1
Posts: 9,809
devs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond reputedevs has a reputation beyond repute
i want one, it doesnt matter the spec.
__________________
New Trend HERE
devs is offline  
Send a message via MSN to devs  sultanofsting   sultan of sting  Hexxagon Champion Moon Lander Champion Advanced Curveball Champion
Reply With Quote
Old 01-Feb-2013, 14:37   #3
Minty
T'reet Fetler!
Minty's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Preston
Posts: 12,576
Minty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond repute
Rumours are that both it and the next Xbox will only be slightly more powerful than the Wii U. We do already know that Sony are including technology that will prevent second hand game sales. Not sure how that will work in Europe seeing as that was determined as being legal by the EU courts...
__________________
"If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst fucking time to fucking fuck up because that cunt's a cunt!" - Tuckers Law
Minty is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-Feb-2013, 14:38   #4
ReichSteadyCrew
post count reset at 9999
ReichSteadyCrew's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 9,929
ReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond reputeReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond reputeReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond reputeReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond reputeReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond reputeReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond reputeReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond reputeReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond reputeReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond reputeReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond reputeReichSteadyCrew has a reputation beyond repute
I couldn't give less of a fuck tbh
__________________
We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine
And the machine is bleeding to death.
ReichSteadyCrew is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-Feb-2013, 14:47   #5
Minty
T'reet Fetler!
Minty's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Preston
Posts: 12,576
Minty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond repute
Sony are on my big list of companies that can go fuck themselves, but like them or not, it does matter. Console hardware levels dictate how far games developers are willing to go in terms of graphics and new technologies. The lack of new console hardware is why computer games have basically looked the same for the past 4 years. For example, EA (Oh look, another company that can go fuck themselves) recently announced that Dead Space 3 on the PC wont look any different to the console versions because they didnt want anybody to feel that the PC was a superior system. Despite the fact that it is.
__________________
"If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst fucking time to fucking fuck up because that cunt's a cunt!" - Tuckers Law
Minty is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-Feb-2013, 14:51   #6
*XeR0x*
Eyebrows
*XeR0x*'s Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Leeds
Tournaments Won: 1
Posts: 8,626
*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute*XeR0x* has a reputation beyond repute
The PS4 must be pretty well spec'ed. It's supposed to be able to support those new 4K TV's at decent fps (unless they've made the graphics shitter in the supported games)
__________________
Can I play this on a Mac?
*XeR0x* is offline  
 ZooProject   Langdale 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-Feb-2013, 15:09   #7
T3CH^
Too old for this shit
T3CH^'s Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Alyth
Posts: 4,801
T3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minty View Post
For example, EA (Oh look, another company that can go fuck themselves) recently announced that Dead Space 3 on the PC wont look any different to the console versions because they didnt want anybody to feel that the PC was a superior system. Despite the fact that it is.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...5-Million-Loss

^^ losing 45 million EA? Good.

And console bashing again, except if it weren't for consoles there wouldn't BE a version of Dead Space on the PC. The real reason it won't look any better is it's CHEAPER that way, nothing more.

Besides DS3 is a shitty Gears of War wannabe.
__________________
BF2/BF3/BF4/BF1 - T3CH200 XBOX - T3CHguyver PS - Kryptman

'Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps.........it is time to die'
T3CH^ is offline  
 T3CHguyver 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-Feb-2013, 15:20   #8
Orange
please find me real friends
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 12,286
Orange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond repute
PS4 and Xbox are going to be significantly more powerful than the WiiU, not least because the WiiU struggles to keep up with the current generation.
Orange is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-Feb-2013, 15:20   #9
Orange
please find me real friends
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 12,286
Orange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond repute
4K is a pipe dream though.
Orange is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-Feb-2013, 16:15   #10
Minty
T'reet Fetler!
Minty's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Preston
Posts: 12,576
Minty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange View Post
PS4 and Xbox are going to be significantly more powerful than the WiiU, not least because the WiiU struggles to keep up with the current generation.
In terms of hardware, its slightly more powerful than a PS4 or 360. As with any console, it will take time for developers to squeeze the performance out of it.
__________________
"If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst fucking time to fucking fuck up because that cunt's a cunt!" - Tuckers Law
Minty is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-Feb-2013, 16:35   #11
Sysagent
OCD... OCD... OCD... OCD
Sysagent's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Toposphere
Posts: 7,158
Sysagent has a reputation beyond reputeSysagent has a reputation beyond reputeSysagent has a reputation beyond reputeSysagent has a reputation beyond reputeSysagent has a reputation beyond reputeSysagent has a reputation beyond reputeSysagent has a reputation beyond reputeSysagent has a reputation beyond reputeSysagent has a reputation beyond reputeSysagent has a reputation beyond reputeSysagent has a reputation beyond repute
PC > Console
__________________
definedlight
Sysagent is offline  
Send a message via MSN to Sysagent
Reply With Quote
Old 01-Feb-2013, 17:03   #12
mAF
you have marked user as read
mAF's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Bristol
Posts: 6,045
mAF has a reputation beyond reputemAF has a reputation beyond reputemAF has a reputation beyond reputemAF has a reputation beyond reputemAF has a reputation beyond reputemAF has a reputation beyond reputemAF has a reputation beyond reputemAF has a reputation beyond reputemAF has a reputation beyond reputemAF has a reputation beyond reputemAF has a reputation beyond repute
My two boys love there consoles and will be very excited about this I on the other hand am looking forward to building a new rig this year.
mAF is offline  
Send a message via MSN to mAF  ukmattyd   DADDYDAVIES XD 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-Feb-2013, 18:12   #13
Minty
T'reet Fetler!
Minty's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Preston
Posts: 12,576
Minty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by T3CH^ View Post
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...5-Million-Loss

^^ losing 45 million EA? Good.

And console bashing again, except if it weren't for consoles there wouldn't BE a version of Dead Space on the PC. The real reason it won't look any better is it's CHEAPER that way, nothing more.

Besides DS3 is a shitty Gears of War wannabe.
How is that console bashing? The hardware in consoles is YEARS old at this point. Thats nothing to do with being a hater, fanboy, whatever, its just a fact. Consoles cost around £200, a top specced PC system with brand new hardware, could cost upwards of £2k. The PC continues to evolve, whereas console owners are waiting on the next development. Again, not hating.... these are facts.


As for Dead Space, dont kid yourself that there would not be a PC version. If there were no consoles, the PC gaming system would be receiving a lot more love from devlopers and publishers than it is right now. The existence of consoles is where a lot of the exclusivity deals started coming in to play, along with PC being considered the inferior choice for a publisher due to the higher rate of piracy. As for it being cheaper... sure. Theyre doing a barebones PC port with little effort on their part. I realise this, but I was arguing against the reasons they actually gave. Developers make extremely high resolutions for their textures and downscale it until the game plays smoothly on the hardware theyre designing it for. They have higher resolution textures available, theyre just not putting them in because they consider PC to be an inferior source of profit.

Oh and I have no intention of buying DS3, I was using them as an example. DS1 was good, but the sequel because a third person shoot em up, rather than a survival horror. Also, DS3 will feature microtransactions for gun components, so that you can buy your way to victory. In a single player game. A supposedly "survival horror" single player game.
__________________
"If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst fucking time to fucking fuck up because that cunt's a cunt!" - Tuckers Law
Minty is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-Feb-2013, 19:13   #14
Orange
please find me real friends
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 12,286
Orange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minty View Post
In terms of hardware, its slightly more powerful than a PS4 or 360. As with any console, it will take time for developers to squeeze the performance out of it.
Well we can debate "slightly", but the next gen stuff is not going to slightly better than something which is only slightly better than 7 year old tech.
Orange is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-Feb-2013, 19:18   #15
Minty
T'reet Fetler!
Minty's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Preston
Posts: 12,576
Minty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond repute
Well as I said, theyre rumours. But those rumours suggest theyre more interested in making casual gaming more of a thing (because it worked well for the original Wii) and offering different methods of interacting with the console, like the Kinect or Move systems that are already out there.

Obviously we will have to wait for the announcement to be certain.
__________________
"If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst fucking time to fucking fuck up because that cunt's a cunt!" - Tuckers Law
Minty is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-Feb-2013, 19:21   #16
Orange
please find me real friends
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 12,286
Orange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond repute
Those rumours are wrong.
Orange is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-Feb-2013, 19:24   #17
Goody
my other forum is full
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 8,045
Goody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond reputeGoody has a reputation beyond repute
Id settle for either of them involving split screen gaming so its you know, possible to play with someone in the same house without going into seperate rooms. Wont happen doubtless however
Goody is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-Feb-2013, 19:44   #18
Minty
T'reet Fetler!
Minty's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Preston
Posts: 12,576
Minty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange View Post
Those rumours are wrong.
How do you know? Devlopment kits have been out for months for the PS4. Since April of last year at least. The rumours have to be coming from somewhere.

Im not saying Im right because I dont know, but you dont get to claim to be correct "just because"
__________________
"If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst fucking time to fucking fuck up because that cunt's a cunt!" - Tuckers Law
Minty is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-Feb-2013, 20:41   #19
Orange
please find me real friends
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 12,286
Orange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond repute
It's not a pissing contest, but they're just wrong. I get to claim to be correct when I'm correct
Orange is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-Feb-2013, 01:51   #20
BBW
Contains flashing images.
BBW's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In the woods...
Tournaments Won: 1
Posts: 12,423
BBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond reputeBBW has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minty View Post
For example, EA (Oh look, another company that can go fuck themselves) recently announced that Dead Space 3 on the PC wont look any different to the console versions because they didnt want anybody to feel that the PC was a superior system. Despite the fact that it is.
EA didn't (and of course wouldn't) announce any such thing. What a silly thing to say!
__________________
"There you go... giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck."
BBW is offline  
 RobBBW   Rob BBW 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-Feb-2013, 01:55   #21
T3CH^
Too old for this shit
T3CH^'s Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Alyth
Posts: 4,801
T3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond reputeT3CH^ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minty View Post
As for Dead Space, dont kid yourself that there would not be a PC version.

Oh so the original game was a PC exclusive then? Or released on PC FIRST? Fairly sure it wasn't either of those.
__________________
BF2/BF3/BF4/BF1 - T3CH200 XBOX - T3CHguyver PS - Kryptman

'Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps.........it is time to die'
T3CH^ is offline  
 T3CHguyver 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-Feb-2013, 02:02   #22
Minty
T'reet Fetler!
Minty's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Preston
Posts: 12,576
Minty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBW View Post
EA didn't (and of course wouldn't) announce any such thing. What a silly thing to say!
http://www.shacknews.com/article/775...utive-producer

"The PC is a very different platform. As developers, you want to deliver an experience that's as similar as possible on different platforms.

"In Dead Space 2, I felt we made some great strides in terms of controls, responsiveness and even the visual improvements we got into it. We continue to evolve our games as we develop them, but we certainly don't target PC as something that's going to be significantly different. We aren't trying to create disparity in the experience that our gamers enjoy; we want to make sure everyone's having that same experience.

At our studio, we've always made console games. The biggest thing is we want to make sure the quality of the experience is consistent across all platforms so we don't have one userbase saying it's better on their system."

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3CH^ View Post
Oh so the original game was a PC exclusive then? Or released on PC FIRST? Fairly sure it wasn't either of those.
No, you miss my point. The point I was making was that if consoles did not exist, Dead Space still would be out there a on PC. The developers would go where the market was. I mean, are you really suggesting that EA and other big publishers would just stop bothering to make games if there were no consoles?
__________________
"If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst fucking time to fucking fuck up because that cunt's a cunt!" - Tuckers Law

Last edited by Minty; 02-Feb-2013 at 02:16.
Minty is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-Feb-2013, 09:21   #23
Kenny
topicophiliac
Kenny's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 2,117
Kenny has a reputation beyond reputeKenny has a reputation beyond reputeKenny has a reputation beyond reputeKenny has a reputation beyond reputeKenny has a reputation beyond reputeKenny has a reputation beyond reputeKenny has a reputation beyond reputeKenny has a reputation beyond reputeKenny has a reputation beyond reputeKenny has a reputation beyond reputeKenny has a reputation beyond repute
EDIT :- wrong post LOL .

Last edited by Kenny; 02-Feb-2013 at 11:57.
Kenny is offline  
 Stavros_Flatery   Stavros Flatery 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-Feb-2013, 10:37   #24
Inertiaman
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 39,859
Inertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond reputeInertiaman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minty View Post
How do you know?
I'd say because Sony go for the premium product in literally every single market they enter and always have done. To start banging out the cheap option would be a tectonic change of tack.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmic
what you say doesn't count for shit because you rely on quotes from websites that are obviously biased
Inertiaman is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-Feb-2013, 12:46   #25
Orange
please find me real friends
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 12,286
Orange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minty View Post
No, you miss my point. The point I was making was that if consoles did not exist, Dead Space still would be out there a on PC. The developers would go where the market was. I mean, are you really suggesting that EA and other big publishers would just stop bothering to make games if there were no consoles?
If the PC audience stayed the same size, I really doubt you'd see the same level of output or the same upfront cash investment.
Orange is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-Feb-2013, 13:30   #26
stepper
post haste
stepper's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 9,291
stepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond reputestepper has a reputation beyond repute
Why is it that the mere mention of a new console turns any thread into a PC vs Console pissing war?

There is a market for consoles.

There is a market for PCs.

Each have their advantages and disadvantages, arguing about it is retarded.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierro
Come on Chelsea!
"I'm not getting out of bed until I get fucked!" - Marcus Antonius, 31 BC
stepper is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-Feb-2013, 14:23   #27
Minty
T'reet Fetler!
Minty's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Preston
Posts: 12,576
Minty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond repute
Again, where is the PC vs Console pissing war? All Ive done is state that PC has superior hardware available compared to the current generation of consoles. Thats not a pissing match, its a FACT.

I genuinely hope that the next consoles have hardware that puts most current PCs to shame. If that becomes the case, hardware prices for things like graphics card, RAM and CPUs will drop and game graphics will take a sudden leap and will drive progress forwards for several years to come. Right now, graphics developments have been fairly stagnant due to the age of the current console hardware.

Im not being a PC fanboy. Im just talking about the situation as it stands.
__________________
"If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst fucking time to fucking fuck up because that cunt's a cunt!" - Tuckers Law
Minty is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-Feb-2013, 15:35   #28
Orange
please find me real friends
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 12,286
Orange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond repute
I don't think anyone sensible would dispute that current PC hardware is better than 7 year old console tech.
Orange is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-Feb-2013, 13:19   #29
Minty
T'reet Fetler!
Minty's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Preston
Posts: 12,576
Minty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.edge-online.com/news/playstation-4-revealed/

Edge are claiming to know the basic specs of the PS4. The bandwith quoted for the graphics card would put it on par with an AMD 6970, which is a roughly 2 and a half year old graphics card. There will probably be additional customisations that push it to perform better than that though.
__________________
"If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst fucking time to fucking fuck up because that cunt's a cunt!" - Tuckers Law
Minty is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-Feb-2013, 13:47   #30
Orange
please find me real friends
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 12,286
Orange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond reputeOrange has a reputation beyond repute
Edge have it about right, we're three weeks away after all.
Orange is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   trickery.net > Games Extra > Consoles


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Playstation Home mope Consoles 58 28-Sep-2014 17:20
Old Playstation / PC stuff for sale The Dark One For Sale, Freebies and Deals Forum 5 29-Jan-2006 17:21
Happy 10th Birthday Playstation. TheBuZZard Consoles 7 13-Dec-2004 19:42

Users Viewing Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 22:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0 Release Candidate 3
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2003 - 2013, trickery.net