View Single Post
Old 08-Mar-2018, 12:23   #2064
Minty
T'reet Fetler!
Minty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond reputeMinty has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minty View Post
The Way Of Kings by Brandon Sanderson

Only a few chapters in and Im completely hooked. High fantasy with a lot of novel concepts. The opening chapter with the Stormlight assassin had me gripped!
Due to a variety of factors I got distracted and stopped reading about 20% of the way in. Read a few more books in the meantime (Fight Club, A Study In Scarlet, Will Save The Galaxy For Food and Fire And Fury amongst a few others) I decided to go back and give this another chance. Im so fucking glad I did.

Honestly, if youre into High Fantasy, give it a go. I mean it when I say that this was the best novel Ive ever read. It currently holds a rating on Goodreads higher than any of the LOTR, Harry Potter or ASOIAF books and for very good reason (although I will grant you, Ive never read any Harry Potter).

Next up is the Mistborn series from the same Author. I got a good deal on all 6 books so Im gonna smash them, That entire series will probably take as long to read as The Way Of Kings did. Its good but its a fucking tome and a half!

Last edited by Minty; 08-Mar-2018 at 12:26.